BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tile showers  (Read 483 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Tile showers
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2023, 04:23:37 PM »
Put this off for a while, but got the shower cleaned up, dried out, and sealed around the pan. While getting ready to remove/reapply the clear silicone around the glass frame on the curb, I noticed the rubber seal between the frame and the glass is nearly an inch too short on the inside, letting all the water run down it and into the door frame. How convenient that the original installer DIDN'T apply caulk to the wall and curb intersection under the frame. This makes perfect sense that all my water damage is at this spot.

Also, all the tile on this curb should slope into the shower for water runoff. The last piece of tile closest to the wall does not do this (its flat), so the water potentially sits here for prolonged periods of time.

After seeing how shitty the install is, I'm sorta surprised we got 10 years before seeing any damage.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2023, 05:41:56 PM »
That caulk line is pretty sharp/ crisp;  maybe the silicone was pulled away (or broke away)  at some point.   

Edit: Maybe I was looking at the wrong missing section... there see so many

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 05:46:36 PM by clark123456 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2023, 05:58:55 PM »
That caulk line is pretty sharp/ crisp;  maybe the silicone was pulled away (or broke away)  at some point.   

Edit: Maybe I was looking at the wrong missing section... there see so many

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I pulled that clear silicone out. I'm referring to the corner of the two tiles under the frame that have nothing sealing it

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM