BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JAN 20TH - IRON MTN RESORT & OFFROAD PARK - DISCUSSION  (Read 3151 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: JAN 20TH - IRON MTN RESORT & OFFROAD PARK - DISCUSSION
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2024, 09:22:39 PM »
Anyone know if they’re giving us a group rate for that day or do we just need to get park passes from their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll find out this week
Did we find out about passes?

Yeah, no special passes unfortunately.

With the rain and temps, may be worth talking about date changes.
Pussy

Offline MickeyMouse

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2024, 01:04:53 AM »
How difficult will the trails be. Will they be mostly tier 1 trails. Went to prep my Jeep this morning for next weekend and when I cranked it up it had a bad knock. Have another engine to put in it but probably will not be done before next weekend. I am thinking about bringing my daily driver jeep but its IFS and on smaller tires but if the trails are not to difficult I am down for taking it. Its still fairly capable with electronic limited slip front and rear, winch and hemi engine.

A daily driver should be fine.   The ground is frozen and pretty hard.  There should be a bypass around the obstacles

Offline MickeyMouse

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2024, 01:09:50 AM »
Anyone know if they’re giving us a group rate for that day or do we just need to get park passes from their site.

I’ll find out this week
Did we find out about passes?

Yeah, no special passes unfortunately.

With the rain and temps, may be worth talking about date changes.
It was a mud hole when it was Sheep’s Wallow, now it just potentially a bigger mud hole

Have you been there recently?   It was a lot of mud 2 years ago, but they have spent an excessive amount of time and money to install drainage and grade all the trails to control run off.   All the big mud holes are gone. 

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2024, 09:59:21 AM »
is any one else confused by their pricing??..

Choosing tickets by age:
For our ticketing purposes, "adults" are considered any driver or passenger age 16 or older. "Youth" is considered any passenger age 7-15, and a "child" is any passenger age 6 or younger.

But when you click the ticket, it says 3-8 for child and 9+ for adult?????

Yeah it doesn't make any sense.  Seems like they changed at some point but didn't update the website. 
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline xjcrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2024, 11:19:20 AM »

Choosing tickets by age:
For our ticketing purposes, "adults" are considered any driver or passenger age 16 or older. "Youth" is considered any passenger age 7-15, and a "child" is any passenger age 6 or younger.

Yeah it doesn't make any sense.  Seems like they changed at some point but didn't update the website. 

Well their prices are higher than any other park that I know of, a passenger being the same as a driver is crazy. And a 9 year old being considered an adult is even worse, but at least anyone 2 or younger gets in free.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2024, 01:03:02 PM »
With the world like it is, you can get away with identifying as a 2 year old.

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2024, 01:28:59 PM »

Choosing tickets by age:

Well their prices are higher than any other park that I know of, a passenger being the same as a driver is crazy. And a 9 year old being considered an adult is even worse, but at least anyone 2 or younger gets in free.
If it makes you feel better, it's way cheaper than Rausch Creek:

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
All persons 16 and older, whether a driver or a passenger, must become members of the park.  The membership costs $60 and is good through 12/31 of the year you join (those joining Oct-Dec will be good through 12/31 of the following year).  Once you are a member, the daily entrance fee for the vehicle and its driver is $70.  Passengers are $25 each (the $25 is waived the day a passenger pays for their membership).  Children 15 and younger free. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2024, 01:31:51 PM »
I’m a 2 year old so do I get in for free ?

Zack

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2024, 01:34:12 PM »
I’m a 2 year old so do I get in for free ?

[quote name="xjcrawler" post=381920 timestamp=1705681160]
[quote name="Grass Janitor" post=381908 timestamp=1705589961]
[quote name="xjcrawler" post=381881 timestamp=1705327878]

Choosing tickets by age:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
All persons 16 and older, whether a driver or a passenger, must become members of the park.  The membership costs $60 and is good through 12/31 of the year you join (those joining Oct-Dec will be good through 12/31 of the following year).  Once you are a member, the daily entrance fee for the vehicle and its driver is $70.  Passengers are $25 each (the $25 is waived the day a passenger pays for their membership).  Children 15 and younger free. 

Geez that’s more the year membership I’m out and vote for aop unless they give me a golden trophy at the end with a woman’s body part with happy time sticker.

Zack

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2024, 01:44:55 PM »

Choosing tickets by age:

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

All that expense, yet Rausch has ZERO amenities. Good wheeling, but I'm not in a hurry to go back without some facility upgrades

Back to topic, hope iron mountain is fun for whoall goes this weekend. Seems like it has good potential to be a decent wheeling location if some rocks are exposed
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 01:47:08 PM by patman »

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2024, 01:52:26 PM »
Maybe their trying catch up for the suites they built too make up for the expense

Zack

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2024, 02:43:46 PM »
I’m meeting my buddies at the QT at Old Milton and 400 at 7:45am. We should be to IM around 8:30. Anyone else heading up that way is welcome to caravan with us. I should have the trail plan that Jay’s buddy put together so I can lead the group. I also have the BFG OnTrail app with the map, so one way or another we will get around.

Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM