OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Past Rides : Pictures, Discussion, & Carnage

JAN 20TH - IRON MTN RESORT & OFFROAD PARK - Post-ride discussion

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ndomokos:

--- Quote from: tj05world on January 20, 2024, 07:52:18 PM ---I bet it was cold it’s 22 right now and still going down. How was it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
It was cold and the ground was frozen but there were some good trails.

There were some mud pits and if it wasn’t so cold it would have been really muddy

ahause57:
It was great getting to meet some of yall, as I have been wanting to come out and ride with yall for years! Now I'm going to have to become a Core member and go on some of these other rides.
It is 99 percent red clay trails. They had three small rock piles to play on. It would be cool if they replicated what some places in the pacific northwest do, and dump a bunch of rocks and concrete on the trails to create rock crawling trails and not just have mud holes. I was definitely happy the ground was frozen, as I did not have my doors on and would have been covered in mud.

Grass Janitor:
Definitely better than forest service roads, but nothing crazy.  Great place for beginners and SXS.  Some beautiful views from some hilltop clearings, and it's a pretty big place.  It was cool having a store (motorcycle and SXS stuff primarily), rentals, and a restaurant/bar there.  They got slammed at lunch and it took two hours to get food and eat, but no one seemed to upset and we all had a couple of beers.  They must've dumped a ton of money in that place. 

Grass Janitor:

lt99ls1:
We scooted around the trails. We hit every "hard trail" and I stayed in 2wd. Pretty sure I widen a few trails. The staff were super friendly and nice. The restaurant and all the facilities were very nice.  The cook was definitely hating life at lunchtime. My patty-melt and onion rings were very good.

Perfect place for motorcycles, 4 wheelers, and SxS's.

Did you guys find Chimney or the Waterfall?  Getting down to the waterfall and coming back up was the most challenging thing we did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version