BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Salvage 99 WJ with LOTS OF MODS AND LOTS OF GOOD PARTS  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
Salvage 99 WJ with LOTS OF MODS AND LOTS OF GOOD PARTS
« on: October 21, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »
OK here is the deal.  My 99 Limited WJ was totaled on 10/10.  It was hit from behind and becuase of the lift height, the tow hitch took all of the impact and bent the frame.  The only parts not usable on the jeep are the frame, quarter panels, and tow hitch.  None of the glass is broken and it still runs and drives OK.   I decided to purchase it back from the insurance company and try to sell it whole or part it out.  I would rather sell it whole and let someone else part it out if I can.  If no one buys it whole by 11/7, I will start parting it out starting with the motor and ending with the lift and wheels (need to keep it mobile).  If someone was willing to work a little for it, I am pretty sure you could strip the lift, rock rails, and wheels and tires off, part out the rest of the jeep (engine, transmission, etc), and get the lift and tires for free.  I would take $2500 for the whole jeep.  Here are the details on the jeep:

It is a Red/Taupe 99 limited 4.7L 4x4 Quadradrive Up country jeep with every option for 99.
133K miles on the clock
New radiator, water pump, radiator cap, and all new hoses summer 08
8 Rebuilt Fuel injectors earlier this year
New heater core last winter
New battery 2/08
Kevins's LP2 Rock sliders
IRO 4" coils
IRO front long arms
IRO Front coil spring retainers
IRO Rear A-Arm spacer
4-6" JKS disconnects
JKS Bar pin eliminators
Kevin's 2.5" bump stops
Teraflex 4" extended rear links
Rubicon express shocks 25K
JKS adjustable track bar
Almost brand new JK Rubicon wheels.  They have ~3K miles on them
Almost brand new Maxxis Bighorns in size 265/70R17 with ~3K miles on them (new in July)
It has 1.25" billet wheel spacers to clear the 32" tires (new in July)
The transfer case is a NP242HD case with only 65K miles on it (247->242 swap) I already sold the 247 that was stock in this jeep.
Selectrac shifter bezel is also installed (correct one for the TC)
The Rear drive shaft also has 65K miles but has new U Joints at both ends ~2K miles on the U Joints, was also balanced when joints were installed
The Front drive shaft is a Tom Woods double cardan with ~12K miles on it
The 4.7L V8 engine runs perfect and does not burn oil, it has 133K miles on it but it has always had Mobil 1 Synthetic run in it
The transmission is the original also and shifts fine with no problems.
The front axle is the stock Dana 30 with the varilok axles (Quadradrive) and 3.73 gears.  Both front CV axles have been replaced recently, the right one has less than 2K miles on it.
The rear axle is the stock Dana 44A with 3.73 gears and variloks axles also. 
It has new Monroe ceramic brake pads front and rear with less than 1000 miles on them.
The jeep came with the Up Country package so it has all three skid plates on it as well as the front tow hooks.
It has the taupe (gray) leather interior with all power, heat, and lumbar.  All working with no rips or tears, there are some minor cracks in the leather on the driver's seat but it is not noticable.
Relatively new matching OEM Jeep floor mats
Factory 10 Disk Changer (works perfectly)
In Dash tape player and disk changer stereo (also works perfectly)
All factory Infinity speakers in good working condition.

Also included in the deal:
IRO Fixed length rear control arms for a 6" lift
IRO Transfer case drop kit
IRO 6" Extended rear swaybar links
All 4 stock front control arms
Stock track bar
Stock rear DS for a 247 transfer case 130K miles on it

I calculated that you could easily get $4500 out of all the major parts without even getting into trim parts, glass, lights, mirrors etc.  The jeep is currently being stored in Fayetteville GA.  You will need a trailer to pick it up because it has a salvage title which I will not have for a while.  I could also deliver it for gas money within a reasonable distance, Birmingham, Chatanooga, Macon, etc.

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics.

This is what my Jeep looked like before that jack@$$ hit me:
Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Salvage 99 WJ with LOTS OF MODS AND LOTS OF GOOD PARTS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »
Does this still drive?
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »
Yes but it has a salvage title now.  If you have a trailer, you could convert it to a trail rig.  I do not have anywhere to store a trail rig and it is a pain to borrow my step dad's trailer and truck because they live in Fayetteville.  A trail rig in my neighborhood would also be frowned upon.   ;D
Seth

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »
Dang Metro, this was a really nice Jeep, I'm pissed too!  >:( 
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:55:33 PM »
Yeah there's nothing like pouring you heart and soul into your rig for 4 years only to lose it all.  I just put on 4 sets of Ceramic brake pads a week before the accident.  What a F'ING waste of time and money!  Not to mention the 242 TC case that I never even got to try out.

Seth

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »
I would still be throwing up if it was me! Only thing you can do is build another... but better this time around. Too bad though, you never see those on the road like that!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 05:46:29 PM »
Tough loss man.  Good luck on selling it quick and easy.

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 11:52:35 PM »
Well that did not take long.  I guess I was not asking enough maybe?  A guy from TN put a deposit down on it this afternoon.  I am planning on picking up an 06 H3 on Friday if all goes as planned.  I know, I know it's not a jeep, it has IFS...
Seth

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 12:20:09 AM »
Well that did not take long.  I guess I was not asking enough maybe?  A guy from TN put a deposit down on it this afternoon.  I am planning on picking up an 06 H3 on Friday if all goes as planned.  I know, I know it's not a jeep, it has IFS...

It's your money! Hope everything goes the way you want.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM