BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durhamtown  (Read 3600 times)

RotorHead

Re: Durhamtown
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »
Hey ChuckieB and Mike-
  I have no true plans and I live just down the ways from this place. I will call ahead of time and go by there. If you guys are up for it, we can link up and go. I will get pics as well along with a no-BS report of the place. It won't hurt to have another option to get together and wheel. Let me know if your up for it. Mike, Sushi, beer and wheelin!!!! We got to do those fender anyways. ;DLOL!!

We're working on something for you. Stay tuned.  {toast}

RotorHead

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 01:31:37 PM »
$25 for me and the jeep and then $5 per passenger.

I think that's going to be the downfall for that place. Most other parks are $50 for the weekend, but that includes passengers and camping. It also usually means Friday through Sunday.

Everything they offer at Durhamtown is ala cart. Camping is per night, per person and so forth. It would make for a very expensive weekend if you took the family and wanted to ride all weekend.

I spoke with Mike when he was still building the ORV area and he was gracious enough to let me ride and preview the place. He has a lot of land and it has potential, but he made it very clear that he was in this to make money. I can't blame him for wanting to make money, but I feel that he would make more money by having more reasonable prices and attracting larger crowds.

JMO  {toast}

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
And adding some rocks! ;)
I've grown tired of this.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »
this place doesnt seem to far away from me... i might be able to swing by there and check it out.... thinking about sometime after the 26th though....

Mike

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
If you all want to put something together I'm game. I was actually wanting to go back there this weekend and test out the new gears and suspension, but I think there's going to be more fun at River Rock so I think the wife and I are gonna go check it out instead ;D
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

RotorHead

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 02:56:09 PM »
If you all want to put something together I'm game. I was actually wanting to go back there this weekend and test out the new gears and suspension, but I think there's going to be more fun at River Rock so I think the wife and I are gonna go check it out instead ;D

You'll have more fun at River Rock. Trust me.  {toast}

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »

You'll have more fun at River Rock. Trust me.  {toast}

Yes he will!  i invited him to join us at RR recently, but he already had a cabin at DT.  He'll know what we know after this weekend.   ;D

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 08:28:22 PM »
Ok, talked it over with the boss (wife) and we are going to RR
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK