BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: wtb..tj lift parts and other build stuff  (Read 3037 times)

Offline R_jeep

• Visitor
Re: wtb..tj lift parts and other build stuff
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 10:31:20 PM »
Juan, you won't need to go that high. 5" is alot on a TJ. Keep it low and get a belly up skid. Center of gravity is key. I know you already know this but that is my opinion. I run the 3,5" RE superflex but it's more like 4-4.25" and never have issues with clearance or keepin up with the big boys.

i def. hear ya. the girl already has 31's and is at stock height and she wants to go bigger. sha also kinda doesn't understand what needs to be replaced with a hogher lift. so i told her to be prepared to spend a "stack" for 3-4 inches and 33's on the tj. she'll still do it and ill get her to come wheelin'. she's a little hottie that i cant touch! 8)
Im gay!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 10:57:28 PM »
Juan, you won't need to go that high. 5" is alot on a TJ. Keep it low and get a belly up skid. Center of gravity is key. I know you already know this but that is my opinion. I run the 3,5" RE superflex but it's more like 4-4.25" and never have issues with clearance or keepin up with the big boys.

i def. hear ya. the girl already has 31's and is at stock height and she wants to go bigger. sha also kinda doesn't understand what needs to be replaced with a hogher lift. so i told her to be prepared to spend a "stack" for 3-4 inches and 33's on the tj. she'll still do it and ill get her to come wheelin'. she's a little hottie that i cant touch! 8)

Well if she wants to wheel, don't scare her off!  ;D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 11:00:32 PM »
Ha! Can't touch? Well, back to the lift... I ran a 2" BB and 33s all around tellico with no problems. Just had a 1"BL. But 33s will fit fine with the BB until you disconnect the front. It rubbed but not enough to cause any damage. If you go that route you will essentially have 3". I know the BL does not count but if the look is more what she is lookin for than go that route. It is WAY cheaper. If she does decide to do a complete suspension make sure to do it right the first time. I waited almost 3 years before I had the $ for my Rubicon lift.
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 08:35:00 AM »
she's a little hottie that i cant touch! 8)

what about the rest of us?

;D

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 09:14:07 AM »
Bump Stops (Use Hockey Pucks) I should have 4 extras somewhere.

I have some too if you don't find yours.

she's a little hottie that i cant touch! 8)

nps
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 11:44:15 AM »
 {btt}  ;) although a pic could not hurt anything ::)
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM