BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico Sept 11 2008?  (Read 5517 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Tellico Sept 11 2008?
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 10:06:25 PM »
Well, it's Sunday 10:06 and no word. Hope all is well with the guy!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline txboy72

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 12:28:15 AM »
hey guys, im back and nothing broke, maybe a little pride, lol. well im glad that i stayed at crawfords. i cant imagine a better place to stay at, Danny and his family were very helpful and good people. the trails rocked, cant say enough about them. i took Bens advice and did the 456 circle and took somewhere over 7 hours or so. i just took it slow and had my head out the door watching my tire placement. alot of the tougher spots i just got out and figured out my line and then hit it. lol and when i had to get out to pick a line my wife got out and waited for me to be in the clear. she had a great time also. i brought all my recovery gear and just about every tool i could think of, some food and drinks and set out up the mountian. i think the most hair raising part was having my right side up high leaning towards the edge of the mountian but it was a good rush. we also made our way partly up 11 to see guardrail and of course i didnt even think about trying it. Danny gave me alot of advice and answered alot of my questions i had. the campgrounds were amazing. we stayed in one of the small furnished cabins. the middle one exactly and it was a very confortable stay. i did take a pic of the trail closure sign so if yall are wondering ill post it. i was very impressed with my jeep. i know from the last lift that the jeep even stock and do alot but with all my new stuff it handled very well. it took some getting used to learning that just because the body of my jeep is tilted alot dont neccessary meen i fixin to flip. at first i got real nervous but i fell into my confort zone and had fun. thanks to yall for all the help. we are looking forward to going back again. of the subject but we drove the jeep there, about 7 hours and ill tell you what going up those mountian hills to get there i thought i was going to roll backwards, lol. seriously is this just me? had to downshift to 4th just to get up. 5th and 6th were a waste. it was like a rollercoaster, up slow and down fast. we got there fri afternoon and played at the grounds and then sat all day on the trails and then sun made our way to the gulches in laurnes sc and then when they closed finished up back home.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 02:07:10 AM »
Go to hear your safe and didn't break anything. As for Tellico, the others on here will tell you, made me want to by more stuff for my jeep. I had built my JK over a span of 7 months before I got it off road, and Tellico was the JK's first test. These jeeps will do amazing things and with proper guidence/spotting, it will blow you away. We all need to link up again and go!!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 04:32:29 AM »
Forgot to ask-
  Let me know how Gulches is when you get a chance. Is it a seasonal establishment and any specifics on rules you can give. I have been to their website and looked around. If anyone else can chime in, please do. Possible road trip here if the timing is right? HINT, HINT. Doug, Ben, Chris, Mike, Tony, Anyone? Let me know.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »
Just say when.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »
when! Glad to hear you made it back in 1 piece! Good time for the wife is a major plus too! We will be back up there soon enough. I plan on wheelin that place till the last hours until they close it!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline txboy72

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »
the gulches is a pretty nice park. its on the small side but no matter how many times i run the same trail i just cant seem to get enough of it. its a pretty big change from tellico. there are not that many rocks other than in the rock garden. there garden is not as long as crawfords but it is taller. the trails are mainly dirt and steep hill climbs. this was the first place i went to when i got my first lift and i still cant get enough. the risk of broken parts are alot smaller than at tellico. if you havent ever been i would say it would be worth it but i like to try everything at least once. if you have any specific questions let me know and i have a couple of pics from when i was there last time.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM