BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Wanna save money on gas, and get more power?  (Read 2890 times)

steven

Re: Wanna save money on gas, and get more power?
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 02:40:17 PM »
Take the drama to private messages please.

Rubidozer

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 04:46:12 PM »
Here's how your buddy Rubidozer treats his "friends":

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8303

And to think I actually wanted to drive over and meet you.

I don't think of anyone on a forum as friends, just people with similar interests. Friendship is earned through respect of one another. I take my time, before truly considering anyone a friend. Accquaintences, okay.
And that wasn't the first time many of those people said things like that on that forum. To me and to others...
And I never asked you to drive over and meet me. I'm married and not gay. ;D

And just in case you can't tell by the smiley face, I have a sense of humor. Unfortunately, it doesn't really come across in posted messages. I'm just sick of alot of forum-members shitting on other people's opinions or just plain being dicks to their fellow members. But I said it with humor and smiley faces, but you still couldn't figure that out. I don't have a problem with you, but you obviously do with me. So, I look forward to meeting you on the trail...
Fortunately, we live in America... And the beatiful thing is that they can say what they want, and then I can say what I want... But seriously, to quote a great man," Can't we all just get along?"  :D
See, that was humor.

But seriously, Cablerep, I don't mean any harm. I'm just used to saying it how it is, cause I believe in being who I am. I was giving those guys the same crap they were giving me. The only difference is that you guys got bent out of shape. And I don't even think you were on that thread, until after I posted, so why are you getting all worked-up? It was humorous, and even if it hadn't been, I'm a man and I will act like a man. If somebody says shit, I'm gonna give it back... So, laugh it off or don't. Makes no difference to me.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:17:01 PM by Rubidozer »

Chris Hyde

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 10:19:28 PM »
Hey Cooter!
I only ran at 420 HP at the rear wheels, but we got 490 on the stand. My intake was huge, with two of the biggest K&N filters ever and was custom made with 3.5" aluminum pipe taped with heat-tape and run out through the fenders and onto the hood for the coldest air. I also forgot that I was running a 180 degree thermostat, the heads from my 305, and the stock exhaust manifolds from my 305. That may sound crazy, but when we applied ceramic coatings to the inside and outside, it made way more horsepower than we originally expected. I also ran a custom exhaust with the cat removed.
And I'm not smoking crack. That thing was incredible! Alot of people thought I was full-o-bull, until they saw it and saw the things it could do.
Jeff, what were the specs on the heads and the cam?  Lift, duration, etc?  Was it an NA grind?  Oh yeah, on Fitch's dyno, an LS1 only made 19rwhp/11rwtq and I still think it was probably botched.  Stick to wheeling!   ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:45:03 PM by Chris Hyde »

steven

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 10:34:31 PM »
I Original Dyno was at 310 stock. After the catalyst, the dyno was 375. I ended-up installing Jacobs Off-road Ignition kit with it and a high-flow airfilter kit with my plugs gapped to .075, and with all that and the catalyst I was up around 490!
I'm a Chevy guy myself and that is definately a "gotta see to believe" situation. The catalyst gave you 65 hp and a filter and more spark added 115 hp.

MTXE

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 10:48:15 PM »
Hey Cooter!
I only ran at 420 HP at the rear wheels, but we got 490 on the stand. My intake was huge, with two of the biggest K&N filters ever and was custom made with 3.5" aluminum pipe taped with heat-tape and run out through the fenders and onto the hood for the coldest air. I also forgot that I was running a 180 degree thermostat, the heads from my 305, and the stock exhaust manifolds from my 305. That may sound crazy, but when we applied ceramic coatings to the inside and outside, it made way more horsepower than we originally expected. I also ran a custom exhaust with the cat removed.
And I'm not smoking crack. That thing was incredible! Alot of people thought I was full-o-bull, until they saw it and saw the things it could do.
Come on dude!  I didnt fall off a turnip truck.  :D   Hang on and let me summons a few of my LS1 guys.  ;D
thanks for getting back on topic (I was about to lock the thread);)

Offline ThaKingxj

• Visitor
  • I am Thompson King...
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 01:15:31 AM »
dang...  andy.... i wish you would have... i want your power... seriously... but i wouldnt know how to use it
i dont get stuck... i just let the jeep rest for a while

MTXE

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 01:24:25 AM »
Why do you wish that?
I like how on this forum we can get off topic (with out people getting mad/upset)...

I just don't want conflict/bickering and such.

Offline ThaKingxj

• Visitor
  • I am Thompson King...
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 09:20:39 AM »
we do get off topic alot... ill try and do my part to make an on topic forum... and im being serious >:(
i dont get stuck... i just let the jeep rest for a while

Rubidozer

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 01:12:18 PM »
Hey, guys, sorry for the lapse of reason...

Anyway, I can't recall what the compression was and my numbers could be a little off, since it was almost 9 years ago. We changed-out so many different cams and rockers and such, that I'd have to call my buddy to remember. He's got it all written somewhere, as he runs a performance shop and he beefs-up alot of powerboats and racecars and trucks so he tends to file all the dyno/ build sheets. We originally started to build a 'Bummer' out of my truck, but then the company that made the fiberglass Hummer-replica was getting sued by GM when they took over the Hummer. So, we started messing with the engine, since we already had it torn apart.
As far as the catalyst, I don't see the point in talking about it, since nobody cares about it anyway. I don't get any money from them, so what do I care if anybody gets one?! I'll be getting one soon for my JK, because I know it worked for me. Every gain counts...
I already got my cold-air-intake, and I'll be sealing it off from the engine compartment and heat-shielding it too. Even though many people don't think they really make a difference, I'll keep trying to squeak every bit of power out of my engine. After the catalyst, I'm gonna try the TB spacer, even though it only makes a difference at low RPM it would still be nice to have a little more torque since I won't be changing my gears for at least a year or two... Then I'll be getting a reprogrammer, for the shift-points and speedo and power....

BigJerm

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 01:49:06 PM »
thanks for getting back on topic (I was about to lock the thread);)

no joke, i was getting close to locking or moving

Chris Hyde

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 01:50:58 PM »
Hey, guys, sorry for the lapse of reason...

Anyway, I can't recall what....
Just curious, because SBC305 Heads don't bolt up to the LS platform.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:53 PM »
Having wheeled with Jeff, I do have respect for him. With that being said, if I dont feel that the product he is telling us about will work, then I will simply just not buy it. No need to comment my opinions.  :-X

It did seem that they quickly jumped all over him on the other thread.

I did google the Fitch product and I couldnt find a place to sign-up and sell it. I do need some money being married and all. :D
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM