BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: How about them gas prices now  (Read 2427 times)

BigJerm

Re: How about them gas prices now
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 09:17:12 AM »
That SUCKS. We never had this problem before Katrina, I thinkthis whole thing is as bogus as a Halmark Holiday. Just another way for the oil companies to post more record profits.

I dont think it is all bogus... some of it yeah but part of our problem (GA) that other stats dont have is we use "Sweet" crude now (winter mix) and most other states do not. So in the pipeline that runs the coast, in the summer they can ship all "sour" crude because everyone uses it. Well now in the fall/winter months they have to ship up sweet crude but keep on sour crude for the west of the pipeline.  It just happens that the refineries on the coast that produce the sweet crude happen to be down right now.

Now what do I think is bogus? The governor waiting until now to get the EPA standards gone till Oct 10th so we can use sour crude. Why wait till now to do it? This "crisis" has been going on for near 2 weeks now. Not to mention, this is one hell of a media driven crisis. Every time you turn on the news they talk of gas crisis, no gas coming into GA, lines on the street, ect...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »
I laughed because the news is like... we will track down why this has become so dire and who is responsible. Give me a break. Media is the #1 problem in the world other than terrorists named achmed!
I've grown tired of this.

RangerR

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 10:28:01 PM »
They are running lines around the gas stations down here....still.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2008, 10:28:44 PM »
They are running lines around the gas stations down here....still.

... where are you?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RangerR

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »
Hampton about 2 miles south of Atlanta Motor Speedway. Each of the four or five stations here have be out of gas at least once this weekend.

BigJerm

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2008, 10:50:33 PM »
haha yeah we had to get Megs liberty some gas. The thing was on E with a gas light. So go to the first QT, wait in line, next car inline to a pump when they shut them OFF! FAWK. So we head down to the BP and there is a line about 60 cars waiting for the pumps to turn on. So forget this head over to the big QT. Sat in about 25 minutes of a line to finally get gas. Lord knows its gone by now with all the cars waiting when we left.

RangerR

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »
Next thing you know they are going to start rationing gas by home address and odd /even system. Nah. I think it will catch up before the end of October.

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 09:14:25 AM »
It doesnt make sense. The gas station down the road from me got a load of fuel. Just regular gas though, no premium, and had lines 2 cars deep (thats a rush for around here) and was selling fuel for $3.77 / gal. It seems like theres always someplace around town that has fuel. Good news is that all the stores are a lot cleaner as the owners find busy work for the employees.
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

Offline georgiatj

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »
It doesnt make sense. The gas station down the road from me got a load of fuel. Just regular gas though, no premium, and had lines 2 cars deep (thats a rush for around here) and was selling fuel for $3.77 / gal. It seems like theres always someplace around town that has fuel. Good news is that all the stores are a lot cleaner as the owners find busy work for the employees.

Haha if that is what it was like around here when we didnt have a gas crises i would be happy
Go dawgs!

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 04:08:47 PM »

got this at the marathon today
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:59:13 PM by Adam »
Don't know what I got anymore...

ghostdancer308

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »
Adam-
  Where exactly are you at? My wife had a hard time, the week after the hurricane, finding gas in Conyers/Covington area. Is it getting any better. Thanks for your input. Glen

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »
i Filled up for 3.74 today in Flowery Branch
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE