BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Aenta in October 11th  (Read 20861 times)

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Aenta in October 11th
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »
I'm really hoping that one group will be the DDing stocker/closem to stock rigs and the other be the non dders and those who don care to get it scratched. That way everyone can have fun without risking too much and the bigger rigs wont have to crawl thru the crappy easy stuff LOL.

My shit aint broke and I want it to stay that way so I wanna take it easy on its first run out.

That cool?

There should be bypasses for most everything. I understand not wanting to hurt a DD.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

broncofire75

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 11:13:35 PM »
Ive been up there an we found the not so good bypasses. I'm not sure which way we're planning on going but we went up the public trail out to where you got across 2 powerlines and come out to Ball's Hill. It was rough but I saw several stockers playin in Peanut Butter Hole and have no idea how they wouldve gotten through there. I did see alot of bypasses out in the open but it was raining the night before and everything was crazy slick.

I was on a 2wd 250 4wheeler but at that time I couldnt even think of taking my XJ thru there. My cousin tried with a rear locker and 33" TSls and had to winch 4 times before we came out to where the big pic is of all the rigs at Aetna last year or whenever. We parked hime there and let him eride his dirt bike. He was pissed LOL. Hes going back with the understanding that yall know the better ways to run and will get us DDers thru without much trouble.

P.S. got my rear recovery(modified hitch bumper) almost done. Might start on some sliders. I've got 3 weeks I can gettem done to keep my trim looking decent LOL.

BigJerm

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:47 PM »
Wait, he didnt get stuck trying to climb the steep hill to the big flat spot did he?

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 11:44:04 PM »
Yeah, I remember that one... in the middle of a hurricane!!!!! :o
I've grown tired of this.

mdo817

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 11:50:41 PM »
Is there a decent hotel nearby, I half way prommised the wife a trip to Nasheville that weekend end, but I maybe able to change the destination, not sure but the sucking up can start now if there is a Hotel not to far.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 12:03:29 AM »
Plenty. Google it.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 08:03:26 AM »
Is there a decent hotel nearby, I half way prommised the wife a trip to Nasheville that weekend end, but I maybe able to change the destination, not sure but the sucking up can start now if there is a Hotel not to far.

I think there are cabins on Racoon mountain too. But I do not know what all they come with.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

broncofire75

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 11:23:16 AM »
All I know is we camped at the top of the mountain on the powerlines(you could see the big industrial building below us) and we went back the way we came bout 1/2 mile and went to the left towards what we were told was peanut butter hole. Is was absolutely nasty. I really dont know how to explain it LOL.

We ended up in a swamp bottom and there was like 4 other stuck rigs around us. If we had kept to the right we wouldve came out right below Ball's Hill. We came out on top.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2008, 08:16:05 PM »
Bump!

broncofire75

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 09:44:16 PM »
Anyone going close to my height? Or will I be looking like a hot wheels while yall are Tonka Jeeps? LOL

Good news one more thing is off the lsit. Hitch. Still A lot more to go.

But Ill be there for sure. Forecast's showing no rain all next week so it should be pretty dry which is good for Aetna. Im sure theres still some sticky stuff though.

I got Friday off again I think so all the other stuff is going in and getting ready to go.

Tony and Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 09:56:26 PM »
We're in...

47knucklehead

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »
I would be willing to drag (lead) a group around Aenta. I just ask that the folks that come to be ready to hang out an have a good time wheelin. It will be the mix of trails from hard to easy. I am going to bring a few folks from NAXJA too. I will be avoiding as much of the mud as possible.
Cracker Barrel at 9:30 am October 11th.

Need some info where this cracker barrel is located and motel info. Any one want to go in on a room?
  Mark

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM