BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Last minute fixes, upgrades before River Rock.  (Read 8282 times)

urdaddyjeep

Re: Last minute fixes, upgrades before River Rock.
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »
true but it would have to pop out and run over a cherokee ... guess both could happen

Mike

oh wait nevermind

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 12:21:38 PM »
true but it would have to pop out and run over a cherokee ... guess both could happen

Mike

oh wait nevermind

There is an adjuster for your cable. Climb under the Jeep an tighten it up.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »
uh with the JK there is something funny with the parking break.... Maybe Mike knows. It is suppose to be self adjusting when you pull it up.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 12:28:15 PM »
My freakin rear window is pissin me off  >:(  The actual zipper do-hickey does not match the teeth up right. I tried forever to get it to start correctly, but the teeth just won't seat. So I ended up getting really annoyed and just yanked the dang thing all the way around. The teeth are all over the place  :D Now I can get it halfway down and then it stops dead. Not too big a deal, but I'm gonna break the thing if I pull on it any harder. It just makes me a little frustrated that I took a transfer case apart yesterday, put it back together, and now I can't figure out how to zip a window into a soft top...  ::)   
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
It's alright simple things can be the hardest! Ok, maybe not :D
I've grown tired of this.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 12:36:36 PM »
when i had my TJ i used soap when it wouldnt work right.. dawn works the best..

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 01:35:45 PM »
I took apart my winch and cleaned and re greased the planetary gears.  It runs alot quieter now.  Other than that, i havent had anything to do just sick of waiting.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
My freakin rear window is pissin me off  >:(  The actual zipper do-hickey does not match the teeth up right. I tried forever to get it to start correctly, but the teeth just won't seat. So I ended up getting really annoyed and just yanked the dang thing all the way around. The teeth are all over the place  :D Now I can get it halfway down and then it stops dead. Not too big a deal, but I'm gonna break the thing if I pull on it any harder. It just makes me a little frustrated that I took a transfer case apart yesterday, put it back together, and now I can't figure out how to zip a window into a soft top...  ::)   

Get yourself a can of aerosol silicone spray.  You will grin when the zipper works like a knife in butter. I use it on all my rubber seals and weather stripping weekly.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
Alex you can come by my house and fix my stuff.. install my cb, fix my handbrake, and find out where and why my right rear is making noise...sounds like squeaking off and on... grrr... going to call dealership and ge it fixed...unless Alex comes over... {toast} {toast}

Mike

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 02:06:46 PM »
If you were closer i would love to haha.  I could work on jeeps all day long.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 02:11:18 PM »
got a case of Budlight in the fridge. and have all day wed till 1430 before i have to go to work.. and if it gets done early i can take you out to the trails here... nothing big nothing that will make you say whoa but something..

Mike

and that goes to anyone that wants to help me out here..

RotorHead

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
Alex you can come by my house and fix my stuff.. install my cb, fix my handbrake, and find out where and why my right rear is making noise...sounds like squeaking off and on... grrr... going to call dealership and ge it fixed...unless Alex comes over... {toast} {toast}

Mike

Might be the brake pad wear indicator. The rears wear out first on the jk's, because they are tiny compared to the fronts.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM