BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Last minute fixes, upgrades before River Rock.  (Read 8281 times)

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Last minute fixes, upgrades before River Rock.
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 08:05:46 AM »
Larry, why don't you give that thing a bath once and awhile? :D

Up till about a month ago there was a Level 4 water ban in the county I live in. $250 fine for the first time they catch you using water outside. Second time they turn your water off. Since then I have had enough time to either fix it and wheel it or wash it and let it sit in the drive way. Which one would you choose?  ;)
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »
ok got the rear bumper on and now trying to find a place to mount the cb antenna and i am lost on this.. any help would be great.. call me at 931-801-7685...will be posting before and after pics of the bumper soon...

Mike

BigJerm

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2008, 01:12:42 PM »
ok got the rear bumper on and now trying to find a place to mount the cb antenna and i am lost on this.. any help would be great.. call me at 931-801-7685...will be posting before and after pics of the bumper soon...

Mike

what kind of mount do you have? Mounted mine to the spare tire carrier bolt (one that bolts carrier to the gate) with a bracket I drilled out. Works perfect.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2008, 01:16:20 PM »
have the mount that came with the firestick.. i guess its a 2 way mount.. from looking at it.. forgot about the tire carrier. going to go look and see if that will work

BigJerm

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »
not the best picture but this is mine. L bracket, drilled out a hole for the bolt. The mount is made to go on the mirror arm of a big rim but I took off the front plate and was left with just the L bracket.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2008, 01:32:44 PM »

this is my tire carrie where did you run the cable to?/

this is the before bumper

after bumper

and the cb mount

so trying to figure out where to run the cable to and all.. thanks for the help and i dont have a spring in my kit either so it will be a very stiff antenna i guess

Mike
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:35:07 PM by urdaddyjeep »

BigJerm

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
I ran mine along the same route as the rear brake light wires.
-Open the gate, pop off the long black strip on the inside the tailgate (pop bottom out first).
-Then pop out the other black panel on bottom right inside of gate. Be careful with this one, the tabs can break easy to just go easy.
-Then pull out the rubber grommet on the outside where the wires go through.
-No run the CB wire on the same path as the brake wire through the tailgate (requires putting your hand in the area of the second black piece you had to pop off)
-Pull the CB wire through the outside of the gate
-Place the rubber grommet back, note where the CB wire is, take the grommet back and snip the corner of it so it will fit around the CB wire.
-Go back to inside of tailgate, zip tie CB wire to brake wire and replace panels.

Sorry, no pictures of all that man.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »
This would have been a great write up with some pics.

I ran mine along the same route as the rear brake light wires.
-Open the gate, pop off the long black strip on the inside the tailgate (pop bottom out first).
-Then pop out the other black panel on bottom right inside of gate. Be careful with this one, the tabs can break easy to just go easy.
-Then pull out the rubber grommet on the outside where the wires go through.
-No run the CB wire on the same path as the brake wire through the tailgate (requires putting your hand in the area of the second black piece you had to pop off)
-Pull the CB wire through the outside of the gate
-Place the rubber grommet back, note where the CB wire is, take the grommet back and snip the corner of it so it will fit around the CB wire.
-Go back to inside of tailgate, zip tie CB wire to brake wire and replace panels.

Sorry, no pictures of all that man.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BigJerm

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008, 02:10:32 PM »
This would have been a great write up with some pics.

One weekend I might need to do it. Several folks ask me how I did it. Mounting the CB is all personal choice but everyone has to get the wire outside to the antenna.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »
hey thanks.. got it in but just not sure where to mount the cb it's self at

Mike

BigJerm

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2008, 03:03:27 PM »
hey thanks.. got it in but just not sure where to mount the cb it's self at

Mike

How big? I got a midland and mounted it above the rear view:

Requires taking the header apart (not hard at all). There is a write up almost exactly like i did mine on another website but I refuse to even give them the traffic to link it. Anyways, if you think you want to mount there I can walk you through it after work on the phone today. I will be home probably around 4:45 p.m.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:12 PM »
right now i am just going to velco it in place till RR then go from there... got lights but nothing else.. no back ground noise nothing.. nothing reading on the swr either what did i do wrong?

Mike

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM