BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: EV JK  (Read 1409 times)

BigJerm

Re: EV JK
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 11:40:43 AM »
Lets not get into a JK vs. TJ fight again.

But I think that an EV Jeep is a great idea. To have that much torque instantaneously is awesome. Plus the fact that there is an electric  motor on each wheel, there is no need for lockers, no diffs to catch on rocks, and no need to worry about driveshaft angles. But I do see some cons as well. There is no longer a low range and you can't regear when you get larger tires. But then again with it being an electric motor, there might not be a need.

I wonder, going from what they are showing with a pretty street friendy 32" to an aggresive 35" tire... how long would the power last before running out? Not to mention, now we face issues with axles to small for tires, wonder what would be the "weak point" of a system like that?

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »
Only thing you boys have is a few more inches. :D And bigger ain't always better. It's how you "rock the boat" big boy!! ;)

Nothing quite like being able to simply.................................................get it done.   I love hearing the word "wheelbase" grumbled under someones voice occasionally on trail rides.  :D

One person comes to mind.  :D

I hold my own. :D Will holds yours!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 12:30:52 PM »
Only thing you boys have is a few more inches. :D And bigger ain't always better. It's how you "rock the boat" big boy!! ;)

Nothing quite like being able to simply.................................................get it done.   I love hearing the word "wheelbase" grumbled under someones voice occasionally on trail rides.  :D

What? Where does my name come from? When have I complained about my wheelbase? I just take advantage when the wheelbase kills em. Like our first trip to River Rock when Mike and Bryan got their JKs hung up at the top of Tiger. The Tjs on 33s and 31s walked up it.  Woot, woot.  ;D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »
I wasnt referring to Will.

BigJerm

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »

What? Where does my name come from? When have I complained about my wheelbase? I just take advantage when the wheelbase kills em. Like our first trip to River Rock when Mike and Bryan got their JKs hung up at the top of Tiger. The Tjs on 33s and 31s walked up it.  Woot, woot.  ;D

Just wait till I show you boys how to wheel a stock JK.

Now let me go figure out how to put this thing in 4wd...

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 01:29:16 PM »

I don't grumble, I say it loud and proud.  Mine is short and wide like a hockey puck! (we are still takin about Jeeps right?)
It the SE you got to have some WB to do anything. Now if we where out in the WC we could wheelin a Sidekick with lockers and street tires.  ;D

I like almost all the jeeps made.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:30:54 PM by lt99ls1 »
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Chris Hyde

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 01:45:06 PM »
I wasnt talking about you either Larry.  Atleast you recognize the need for some extra length.  :D

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
I wasnt talking about you either Larry.  Atleast you recognize the need for some extra length.  :D

After it goes to 102 wb it will only be a matter of time before I roll it over.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Chris Hyde

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 02:06:36 PM »

After it goes to 102 wb it will only be a matter of time before I roll it over.

Are we prophesying?  ;D

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »

Are we prophesying?  ;D

Just the stating the facts.

Your avatar is killin me.  ;D
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Chris Hyde

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 02:09:46 PM »

Are we prophesying?  ;D

Just the stating the facts.

Your avatar is killin me.  ;D

It's supposed to....................................SILENCE!  >:(

:D

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »
No debate here. With the addition of an an all coil over suspension... it did set the bar.

Umm, hmm, the ZJ actually set the bar on that one.

I wonder, going from what they are showing with a pretty street friendy 32" to an aggresive 35" tire... how long would the power last before running out? Not to mention, now we face issues with axles to small for tires, wonder what would be the "weak point" of a system like that?

Good point about the strength of the system. But there is one advantage there. Lets say you break one of the motors and that wheel no longer gets power. The other wheel still gets 100% traction/torque and wouldn't be affected.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM