BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: FALL CRAWL at River Rock  (Read 20110 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: FALL CRAWL at River Rock
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »
Wheeled a little bit today and helped Steve and crew get ready for next weekend.... HOLY CRAP.... this park is completely different now. He got a little happy with the back-hoe  ;D  The start of trail 7 right after Tiger Trap is crazy. It was easy for me last weekend, but it took me about 30 minutes to do that 40 yards or so today. He moved all the rocks around in the Rat Hole and decided it wasn't enough so he dumped some more on top. He dug a big hole at the top of Tiger Trap and I didn't even wanna try it. Anyways, this is gonna be an interesting weekend. Still plenty of stuff for the mild rigs, but the buggies are gonna have PLENTY of hard stuff. It's gonna be fun watching them at the Rat Hole and Carnage.

A huge rig on full widths and 42" Iroks couldn't get up Carnage Hill. I killed his confidence a little more when I told him a XJ on 36s and a stock wheel base TJ went up it last weekend  ;)

Awesome. I am excited  ;D
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 10:35:15 PM »
Oh yeah, and pics of another river recovery coming soon. The Land Rover went a little too deep  :o 

;D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »
Wheeled a little bit today and helped Steve and crew get ready for next weekend.... HOLY CRAP.... this park is completely different now. He got a little happy with the back-hoe  ;D  The start of trail 7 right after Tiger Trap is crazy. It was easy for me last weekend, but it took me about 30 minutes to do that 40 yards or so today. He moved all the rocks around in the Rat Hole and decided it wasn't enough so he dumped some more on top. He dug a big hole at the top of Tiger Trap and I didn't even wanna try it. Anyways, this is gonna be an interesting weekend. Still plenty of stuff for the mild rigs, but the buggies are gonna have PLENTY of hard stuff. It's gonna be fun watching them at the Rat Hole and Carnage.

If I had the $$$ for gas I would come back down. Take plenty of pics.

A huge rig on full widths and 42" Iroks couldn't get up Carnage Hill. I killed his confidence a little more when I told him a XJ on 36s and a stock wheel base TJ went up it last weekend  ;)
Priceless!!!

Oh yeah, and pics of another river recovery coming soon. The Land Rover went a little too deep  :o 

;D

I so wanted to flush the jeep in river.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »

I so wanted to flush the jeep in river.

I talked to the guys with the air boats today. I'm gonna get a ride in one soon  ;)     :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »
Will, I am not gonna be able to get down there. My Aunt is gonna be in town and my mom want's to have a picninc. Bummer. :P
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 11:26:07 PM »
Will, I am not gonna be able to get down there. My Aunt is gonna be in town and my mom want's to have a picninc. Bummer. :P

More for us.   :P  we'll be riding more this fall. I'll keep you posted.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 09:44:06 AM »
i'll know if i'm going to be able to make it thursday, hopeing to but may have some issues that i have to work around.
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 01:31:16 AM »
As promised, pics from the beginning of trail 7 right after Tiger Trap, and a river recovery

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 01:33:43 AM »
We've never seen this, right?  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

mdo817

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 02:10:36 AM »
Looks like your were getting tired by dark!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »
Sweet! Love rescuing non jeep boys! Trails look good man! Ready to get back there soon!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
Looks like your were getting tired by dark!!!!!!!!!!

haha, yeah we were out there for awhile. I have come to the conclusion that these first generation Smittybilt winches are indestructible. I ran it almost all day winching that Rover, a couple other Jeeps, and myself out. It never even got warm. Seriously, there was never a temperature difference between the motor and the dirt. I'm guessing that's because it's slow as hell.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM