BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: FALL CRAWL at River Rock  (Read 20063 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: FALL CRAWL at River Rock
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 12:35:26 AM »
Anybody that wants to meet up give me a call when you're there.  706-302-8188

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 12:19:15 PM »
Crap, crap, crap! I may not get  to do any 4 wheeling this weekend. I was hoping to get my jeep back from the shop last night but as of this morning they are still waiting on one part so chances are I won't get until tomorrow night. The problem I have is that I had new gears and a locker installed in the front axle and the shop said I shouldn't 4 wheel with it until I get at least 300 to 500 miles on them. I don't think RR is that far away......... I guess I could take a 2 hour road trip tomorrow night.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 12:22:16 PM »
I went to RR after 100 miles or so on my gears. I never had a problem. I think the problem from new gears comes when you do a lot of interstate driving (i.e. gears getting very hot) on them when they are brand new.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 01:02:46 PM »
i didn't even relize how close RR is from my place.  i was thinking it was closer to I-20.  i'm in but not sure when i'll get there.  some time friday not sure if it's going to be early or late.  will know more tomorrow.
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 01:58:46 PM »
i didn't even relize how close RR is from my place. 

Exactly why you should have already been here before!  {toast}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »
Thing with gears is the initial heat cycle. Run it for about 50 miles or so first shot after being done. Then let it cool off. You should be fine. Unless you want to hit all the hard stuff???
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 03:17:13 PM »
Thing with gears is the initial heat cycle. Run it for about 50 miles or so first shot after being done. Then let it cool off. You should be fine. Unless you want to hit all the hard stuff???

Well, I just found out that I will not be able to pick it up until Friday. So the only miles that will be on are the 22 miles from the shop to my house and then whatever miles I put on it heading to RR.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »
You will be fine! That is good for the first run. Just take it easy in 4wheeldrive for a bit.
I've grown tired of this.

mdo817

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »
I agree with Ben, when you drive it home from the shop let it cool all the way down before you drive it again. I usually try and put 20-30 miles first run and let it cool. Then drive a little conservative for a few days.

Will are you going to be working or playing at RR? I may try to slide down there and test the ARB, not sure, the wife has a long weekend and I had promised a trip to Nashville that I've backed out on. So I will have to see what her back up plan is.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »

Will are you going to be working or playing at RR? I may try to slide down there and test the ARB, not sure, the wife has a long weekend and I had promised a trip to Nashville that I've backed out on. So I will have to see what her back up plan is.

Both. I'll be working the gate for a couple hours on both days (Jimmy's helping on Saturday) but other than that my jo is to call Steve if anybody royally screws their stuff up so that entails patrolling the trails  ::)     ;D  So come on over! Give me a call when you get there if you don't see me at the gate.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

mdo817

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »
Thanks, I'll call if I'm coming. Mark

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2008, 09:16:55 AM »

Both. I'll be working the gate for a couple hours on both days (Jimmy's helping on Saturday) but other than that my jo is to call Steve if anybody royally screws their stuff up so that entails patrolling the trails  ::)     ;D  So come on over! Give me a call when you get there if you don't see me at the gate.

LOL, The hard life!  Please post pics of any carnage. ;)
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM