BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3315 times)

BigJerm

New Guy
« on: March 11, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »
So i guess i am the noob now, well over 2k post on import forums but new to this game... My name is Jeremy, I just purchased a 07' Jeep Wrangler X, Maroon, softop, 2 door, auto tran, front and rear tow hooks and it came with 16" Amercan Racing wheels and what looks to be 34" tires on it. Yes its an auto but i am ok with after having 3 other cars all manual transmissions. Previous to this jeep i had an 05' Hyundai Tiburon 5spd 6cyl. It was a fun car but at my size it just wasnt safe for me. I am 6'5" and around 250 lbs (reason for BigJerm as my name). I live in Lilburn, GA and definitly would like to find some places to go do some legal off roading after i get it broke in a little. I use to own a 98 4 door jeep Cherokee that i traded for the Tib so i have a little off road knowledge and i still have my 20 ft Pro Comp tow strap. I wish i could put up pictures but i dont own a digital camera

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »
That sounds great. We were just down at 316 and 20 in lawrenceville today. This whole site and club is new so everyone is still getting to know everybody.  We will have to get together on an offroad deal soon and get some pictures of your jeep in action for the website. It sounds like you have a nice rig. We will post when we go on our next ride, in advance so people will have time to plan for it if they decide to go. Nice to have you here. Hopefully you will enjoy what we are all about.

Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 10:22:53 PM »
sounds cool. cant wait. Only place i know on 316 is a little further up from the jail. Havnt been there in awhile though and the last time i saw it there were zone notices posted. Just doesnt seem there are many places to ride anymore

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 11:30:52 PM »
That's the exact place we went.  We didn't notice any posted signs or anything, so we took it upon ourselves to check it out.  I agree though, we'll definitely have to get our entire team out and go somewhere.  And as far as the auto tranny, I wouldn't be too worried.  We've all had our fair shares of manuals.  Personally, I'd prefer auto for off road anyways.  On top of that, one of our guys recently traded in his Jeep for a manual '06 Rubicon and we had to yank him all over the side of the road on account of the clutch push rod going out.  But welcome and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone sooner or later.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 11:39:06 PM by Daniel »

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 11:41:18 PM »
Yea, like daniel said that the one we hit today. We got to wheel for about 15 minutes and fix the clutch issue for about 2 hours. But its still fun no matter what.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »
how far can yall go? best i remember there are like 2 or 3 trails and one of them goes down a steep hill and then there is a creek but my Jeep Cherokee wasnt equiped to get down into the creek, the entrace to it was really washed out and 36" tires and a good flexing suspension would have been great. Speaking of... does anyone know if i can manual disconnect my sway bars to give more flex in my suspension? I know the Rubicon's now have electronic front disconnect

Daniel

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »
I'm not exactly sure how far you can go back into the trails.  We didn't make it much further than the creek.  That's where the Rubicon showed it's true colors.  3 of the 4 that rode over made it across, but that was about it, across the creek and up the other bank.  I was actually quite surprised at how much the rear end of my Ranger flexed going down into the creek.  For stock, that was pretty impressive.  Then it tackles a hill in 4 wheel high, that a Rubicon had to tackle in 4 wheel low.  This is going to be a vicious Ranger.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 05:56:17 PM »
I will post images of this creek and some videos crossing it in the trail rides section on the website tonight. I am one of the three that made. Going into the creek is a little tricky but with a few good spotters it wasnt to bad. Daniels stock ranger crossed no problem.

With this being a common spot that we know, this would be a good place to meet up on a weekend and get some pics of your jeep, once its broke in.

Brad's Rubicon got broke in on the trail, literally. ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:58:53 PM by Matt »

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »
alright so today i went by 4 Wheel Parts off Buford Hwy to get some wheel locks and got some good info u guys might want to see (atleast the ones who have a thing about my jeep on the front page). It has 35" tires and they said it has a 3" lift on it. He said it was new springs on there, i made sure when i asked because i know there is a diffrence in new springs and spacers. The ride is still good so i figured it couldnt be spacers anyways. I might be getting some pics tonight for yall to see

BigJerm

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »
as promised

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 12:04:32 AM »
Very nice. I will get your info updated tomorrow and get your pics up.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 11:50:15 PM »
I am personaly not a huge fan of the 07's but that looks nice.(almost enough for me to trade in my 06 rubi  ;D.
Don't know what I got anymore...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM