BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3308 times)

BigJerm

Re: New Guy
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »
his rear tire never touched going down hill?  :o

must be really washed or rutted out sinse last ive been down it

Daniel

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 04:57:09 PM »
Yeah, there was quite a little hole.  We threw some sticks and logs and stuff in there to try and fill it in, after Matt had already went through.  But yeah, his rear tire didn't touch, was just kinda floating down the hill following the other 3

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 11:45:08 PM »
Still didnt touch today either. I need to disconnect my sway bars, Maybe permanently.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Daniel

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 01:23:03 PM »
Since I'm not as mechanically inclined as you, how would that affect everyday driving?

BigJerm

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
sway bars greatly reduce body roll. This comes in handy at highspeed lane changes and low/medium speed turns. With a top heavy vehicle like the durango or my jeep i wouldnt suggest it for everyday driving. I have the wrenches to take off my sway and it will take like 2 minutes top to disconnect the front and the next time we go i am going to do it.

Daniel

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
Yeah, that'd be nasty to roll.  Which Matt's already done that with Roland and myself in the Bronco II already.  (Back in the older days)

You're Jeep would be pretty mean I imagine when you disconnect the sway bar.  Next time we go to Hurricane Shoals, it looks like we'll pretty much be going to the powerline area and checking that out, we barely got to scratch the surface on that place.  So hopefully you'll be there for that with us.  Which a date hasn't even been set yet, I'm sure we'll keep you posted.

BigJerm

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 01:46:10 PM »
let me know. maybe we can do it on a weekend when we know people wont be out and about in the area.. like a sunday... april 1st would be good but i dont mind weekday runs to much other that daylight sets in soon after we all can meet up

Daniel

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 01:50:09 PM »
Weekends are definitely better for those who actually have the weekends off.  So, it's mainly up to Matt, he's the one that can either make or break a plan. 

How's April 1st sound there Matt?

Daniel

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 01:50:54 PM »
BigJerm,

Do you know whether or not you'll be attending the Sunday deal? 

BigJerm

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 01:56:14 PM »
not sure yet. wont know until saturday evening unfortunately

Daniel

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 01:58:10 PM »
That's cool.  I just wasn't sure.  Hope so, though.

MTXE

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »
Since I'm not as mechanically inclined as you, how would that affect everyday driving?
its not really that bed you just have to remember its not their (a lot less aggressive)
I know a lot of people that drive without the sway bar.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM