BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Saving Money  (Read 1520 times)

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
Re: Saving Money
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »
Wait until you have kids, I have four sons and could probably field an XRRA entry for the money it takes to feed them  ;D

I told them this weekend that as soon as they are all 18 I'm buying a cabin in the mountains  :D
Holy crap, 4 boys?  Got stock in Wal-Mart?  The groceries alone would buy another trail ride.  How old are they?
Yeah 4 boys. I know what you mean about another trail ride, thats what I always think when I see the young guys with the blingin' buggies "they dont have any kids!"  ;D

Just think of all the extra expenses also, more electricity, more water, more gas in your acrs because you have to go more places. More days missed from work for appointments.. doctor etc

I have a 10 month old and a 4, 11 and 12 year old. The little one hasn't been wheeling yet but the other 3 are fanatics  {toast}

bolt-ons suck

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 06:33:47 PM »
got  kids one 13 and one 10months old....

this yr the wife may not get her Ruth Chris b-day dinner like she did last yr.. but then again she might... if she is good... LOL

What i do is i have my fun account and bill account and saving account ... after bills and saving alittle goes in the fun account...

when there is enough in the fun account then i buy stuff i dont need... bow, bumper, jack, cb, but nice to have items... req items to ride.. but i dont fault on my bills to do so...

Just something that has been rolling around in my head since this thread started..

Mike {toast}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »
I usually buy all my stuff the day before I deploy. That way when the wife sees it on the CC, I am already downrange and getting paid!LOL!! My build is about over. I want a tow pig and trailer now. That will be next spring though, hopefully! ;)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
That would be nice. Buy parts and cruise to miss the flaq! But I could not leave all those parts at home. I would have to put them on when I got them. Like Crack to Jimmy. :D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 10:02:28 AM »
That would be nice. Buy parts and cruise to miss the flaq! But I could not leave all those parts at home. I would have to put them on when I got them. Like Crack to Jimmy. :D

Theres something you nee to know about me Ben....

- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »
Man, you need to lay off. You turn a weird shade. :D

ghostdancer308

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 01:55:06 PM »
Ben-
 Got thse lights this morning while wife was still asleep! Not saving money on that one, just nagging factor diverted!!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 02:18:11 PM »
Glen is a funny guy... can face down any enemy but his wife... he runs... stop being scared.. i tell my wife... sometimes she hears me sometimes she doesnt.. i just hope she doesnt..

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »
We all talk big but nothing can put the fear in you than a wife who knows what you are spending $ on! :D

BigJerm

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 08:45:03 AM »
So I didnt do anything to "save" on this one but I just got our online statement for insurance and it has gone down... I use to pay just south of $260 for the Liberty and Wrangler a month (keep in mind I am 22, meg is 21 so thats normal unlike you old folks) and the new statement is $221... Nice!

And the AT&T internet thing I was talking about earlier for $19.99 vs. our $31 we pay right now... yeah no savings there. I put on my glasses and read the fine print. It requires an activation fee of $29.99 and a 1 time start up fee of $75+ your first months bill. So it would cost me $124.98 on the first bill (not counting all those service fees and taxes). The way I figure it, if we pay $10 more now for Comcast at 12 months thats $120... not much of savings there.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 06:21:56 AM »
I just was informed my Health Ins. with Blue Cross is going to cast me 631$ a month. I don't want to hear it! From any of you! My house note is 638! WTF!!! Gotta shop around. Get a job with bennys!!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »
Glen, my insurance was that high and it killed us. I dropped it and put my wife and kids on seperate plans. Much cheaper!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM