BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: The official/Non official 2010 Rubicon Trip  (Read 21384 times)

BigJerm

Re: The official/Non official 2010 Rubicon Trip
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »
where is Moab at? Give me a location... see what I can do to figure it into the trip. Boy I would make some folks jealous hitting the Rubicon and part of Moab...

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 12:42:07 PM »
Moab, Utah  ;)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 01:23:23 PM »
I am retarded....

Anyways, add in Moab, no Yellowstone and you are looking at a total of 2,604 miles and keeping with the $2.50 average gas figure, $310.04 in gas at 16/21 mpg going one way. I think I would be willing to skip Yellowstone for a Moab trip…

So figure you COULD take the other route out to the Rubicon, save a 100 miles or so, save a little on gas, see different scenes and then after the Rubicon head back through UT to Moab, maybe stop around the Denver area, ride some forest roads and then get on back.

Total miles for that trip would be around 5,091 miles and $606.14 in gas and probably the trip of a life time! I plan to take 2 weeks off work (14 days total with weekends). Leave on a Saturday....

-Leave Saturday, roll into the nearest town from the Rubicon on a Monday night (this means keeping an 800 mile a day pace!) and stay in a hotel per Megan’s request.
-Gather supplies and start in on the Rubicon half day Tuesday
-Finish the Rubicon on Friday late morning/mid day
-Start heading towards Moab and spend Friday night somewhere in Nevada (little over 800 miles separate Rubicon and Moab).
-Roll into Moab Saturday, wheel Saturday evening, Sunday, maybe a little Monday and head out, stop outside of Denver for some scenic views of the national forest, maybe set up camp for the night there.
-Get up Tuesday and head home and should be home by Thursday sometime... Just in time to relax, clean up, fix the Jeep up, cry over the bank account, ect.

Best I can figure we can camp all nights in Moab, the Rubicon, camp around the Denver area but the rest is either going to be hotel rooms or finding campgrounds along the way to really cut down on cost. Guess I need to start saving now. What do yall think about this trip? Doable? Maybe I should add this option to the first post….

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 01:37:07 PM »
I will be keeping and eye on this thread.  ;)
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »
There are at least 32 full day rides/trails around Moab, so you have to pick a few if you'll only be there a few days.  Go to red rock 4x4 and check it all out.

BigJerm

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 02:08:20 PM »
It is a shame we cant hit more but to wheel the Rubicon and Moab in 1 trip is going to be some fun! Cant wait... savings starts in Jan. Taking atleast $35 out of each paycheck straight to savings... 35 x 2 paychecks a month (some do have 3 though) x 17 months = 1190

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »
We should plan this trip for right after tax money comes in  ;D
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 07:46:03 PM »

Matt, do you mean when "YOUR OVER PAYMENT COMES BACK",

or do you get an unearned credit (FREE GIFT AND WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION  :bs)),

so you mean when DOUG'S MONEY COMES!   >:(
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 08:20:13 AM by Doug »

BigJerm

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 09:21:49 PM »
I based my time frame on what the fellas on Pirate told me. I agree it would be nice to take the trip right after I get Doug's money back from the IRS but they say you still run a chance of snow or rain season any months but the ones listed in the first post. This is the info I got from them:

"Mid June to late August would be best. Keep in mind the trail is closed for a copule of weekends at the end of July.

Earlier than mid June you run into the (slight) possibility of late winter snow still hanging around. Come September it starts to cool off, mostly evening and morning and afternoon showers become more likely. You can run the trail as early as May and as late as Oct if you like.

But if you are making plans a year out, or more and don't want to worry much about Mother Nature tossing you a curve ball, however slight, go with mid June through August"

O and Doug, just know, a large portion of my tax return (and I get a decent size return since I have to pay for my own school, no HOPE, no parents) goes back to my education.

mdo817

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 11:08:24 PM »

Will, do you mean when "YOUR OVER PAYMENT COMES BACK",

or do you get an unearned credit (FREE GIFT AND WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION  :bs)),

so you mean when DOUG'S MONEY COMES!   >:(

Don't think your the only one giving up the tax Doug, you at least have a couple of tax write offs. We just donate about 34% across the board. But I'm glad to help finance other peolples fun (NOT).

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 11:11:58 PM »
you all just keep paying those taxes so i can get my checks..
thank you all taxes payers...

wait damn i pay too...

you think taxes are bad now... just wait..... {btt}

if you can save 70 a month then you can save 100...

Mike

mdo817

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 11:47:09 PM »
you all just keep paying those taxes so i can get my checks..
thank you all taxes payers...

wait damn i pay too...

you think taxes are bad now... just wait..... {btt}

if you can save 70 a month then you can save 100...

Mike

We won't be paying anymore house notes after January, 'Cause Obahma says he is going to stop foreclosures. Man we are going to have so much money it aint going to be funny. {toast}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM