OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Trail Rides & Open Events (Everyone's invited)

The official/Non official 2010 Rubicon Trip

<< < (2/33) > >>

Jimmy:
I would definitely be interested, however, personally, I'd rather hit Moab if I had to pick a spot to drive cross country for. I'd also be game for hauling instead of driving!

BigJerm:
Steven I have read some stories where guys in Monteros on 33's and lift made it through. Took on body damage, had to do some winching but made it. Seems there is a bypass (and I use that loosely because they are not super easy) around the tough obstacles. Really I want to do it more for the historical part. This is an old road, used well over 100 years old now and is still considered a road and I want to be able to say I had the chance to ride it.

The Rubicon seems to be under attack always too so who knows how long before it is gone.
gone.

DILYSI Dave:
Hmm....

Fly into San-Fran.  Buy a decent Jeep off of autotrader / craigslist.  Rubicon.  Drive back to San-Fran.  Sell on craigslist.  Fly home.

DOUG:

--- Quote from: DILYSI Dave on November 10, 2008, 04:02:56 PM ---Hmm....
Fly into San-Fran.  Buy a decent Jeep off of autotrader / craigslist.  Rubicon.  Drive back to San-Fran.  Sell on craigslist.  Fly home.

--- End quote ---

Dave, good point!  That might be the easiest and least expensive method to ride the Rubicon.  Jeremy wants to see the country too, so he's planning a road trip.
I stopped by your booth in Vegas, and left a card for you.  They said you were at the other Venue.

Krawler00:
Moab over Rubicon Jimmy? Moab is too easy. ;D Rubicon looks a bit more challenging to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version