BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico After Ride 11/8/08  (Read 2441 times)

mdo817

Re: Tellico After Ride 11/8/08
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »
Jeremy-
  Wish you could have stayed the night. I will get my pics/vids up shortly. Good seeing all of you again. They sure worked the sh** out of me pulling winch cables.

Fixed it for you Glen

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 09:01:03 PM »
Checking in.....

Entering 6

Up 6

Fains Ford

Up the bus/ Terry

More bus/ Terry

More bus

More Bus

Hook, pull, and drag

With Livingston, we don't need Tellico Trail Rescue.

TJ's Tire

Terry's Oil

Beauty Today

TJ and Stefanie/ Told them I would!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:21:11 PM by Doug »

mdo817

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 10:53:19 PM »
Great pictures, waiting on the rest.

RotorHead

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 08:10:47 AM »
Had a good time. Boy was it slick. Schoolbus and beyond has definitely gotten harder. I didn't get many pictures because I was using an old camera with limited memory.

Here's the few I got.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/SeminoleMike/Jeep%20Pictures/Tellico%20November%202008/

Ben winching up the Bus.

Glen winching up the Bus.

Mark didn't need no stinking winch. Unfortunately this would also be the last time he had rear wheel drive.

Terry making it happen.

Carnage.  >:(

ghostdancer308

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 08:36:26 AM »
Great pics Mike. This was all I got, let me know if it works or not for you-

http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr59/GMitts74/

Offline Hilldweller

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 09:03:47 AM »

Nasty one, Travis.
Funny thing; when he and Stephanie came camping with us, I got a flat too.  It's alot harder to fix a sidewall though....
Here's how to do it --- if you ever really have to: http://www.adventuretrailers.com/tireclinic.html#major

We just went to Natootley Creek because of trailer-dragging fuel economy issues.  Got a nice spot and I found a new ugly road to explore.
Safety fast,
Bill

Offline Sasquatch

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »
Oh man I can't wait to get home and see the rest of the pics!  Can't see them here at work.

I had an awesome time!

Thanks again to Doug and Jerm for all the help.  And I think it was Ben that tied up my swaybar connections on the trail.  Thanks again.

I went from clueless to picking my own lines on the trail this past weekend.  All thanks to the GA Trailriders.  You guys are really a helpful bunch.  Great meeting all of you.

It was a reality check seeing the heavily modified rigs up there.  But the LJ held up even better than I imagined.  Can't wait for my lift and tires in the spring now.  Once the baby is born and I'm not needed 100% of the time I'll be back out with you guys.

I'll be posting my pics and my CB install writeup soon.

Thanks again,
Seth
Seth

Baby, House, Jeep... In that order....  Unfortunately.

97 TJ Sport (Sold)
06 LJ (Sold)
07 JKU

BigJerm

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »
Seth, glad you had a great time. You and TJ both starting taking some really good lines. I got a few small dents in the skids and a couple of nice rashes on the rails so I probably could have used a bit better line picking in some spots as well. Like I said, sometimes I tried to take the harder line to challenge the Jeep and sometimes I just couldnt pick the right line to be on. Only locked it once though to get myself of the hi-center stuck.

RotorHead

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »
Oh man I can't wait to get home and see the rest of the pics!  Can't see them here at work.

I had an awesome time!

Thanks again to Doug and Jerm for all the help.  And I think it was Ben that tied up my swaybar connections on the trail.  Thanks again.

I went from clueless to picking my own lines on the trail this past weekend.  All thanks to the GA Trailriders.  You guys are really a helpful bunch.  Great meeting all of you.

It was a reality check seeing the heavily modified rigs up there.  But the LJ held up even better than I imagined.  Can't wait for my lift and tires in the spring now.  Once the baby is born and I'm not needed 100% of the time I'll be back out with you guys.

I'll be posting my pics and my CB install writeup soon.

Thanks again,
Seth

Glad you had fun Seth. I always love getting new people hooked. Just ask Glen. I think we created a monster with him.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »
Alright boys, I am finished uploading pics and workin on videos as we speak. I was wiped out yesterday after leaving tellico I went straight to my moms to see some family and never got to rest. I was asleep by 9:15 last night. So here are the pics I got...http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff272/krawler00/Tellico%20GATR%20Nov%2008/

Now the trip was awesome and we all worked or junk super hard up the bus. That trail has gotten seriously rutted out! It was a blast and had fun wioth Glen running cables, straps and all! We work well as a team and it made that first beer back at camp that much better!! {toast} I will post up the video links as I get them. Carnage for me was another small crack in the hartop at the vents in the back. Damn schoolbus tree AGAIN!!! I almost busted out the back passenger window on another section as well. Had to pull the cable to avoid it. Oh, and as for the spot everyone had to winch up... I made it along with Doug. ;D {nln}

[attachment deleted by admin]
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 12:23:34 PM »
Nice pictures Ben. Yeah you were not kidding about the ledge on trail 8... What I nailed my control arms on a year ago with 35's and a short wheelbase I rolled right over this time with no lockers, no extra gas needed, nothing... its just gone  :'(

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »
Ben looks like the gate keeper or something, "Your doom awaits."    :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM