BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Check out what my students accomplished!  (Read 761 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Check out what my students accomplished!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »
is there a unit that you are sending them tooo or you doing any soldier type thing?? If you need a point of contact to get them to a certian unit let me know... or if you want i can tell you which unit i would send them too that would get some letters and pics back from them.... last time i was there we got boxes of stuff from schools and noone would send a letter back... had to write 15 letters back to that school.. anyway just let me know

That's cool Mike.  I bet the kids really appreciated your letters.  Operation LightSaber is well organized with a specific mission.  They saw a specific need, but for something this important, I wonder why doesn't the military already have the "right stuff".

Operation Lightsaber
Support Our Troops Stationed in Iraq with Operation Lightsaber
Join 4 Wheel Parts in helping to supply our troops in Iraq with crucial lighting units for safety in combat zones.
For each dollar donated, 4 Wheel Parts will match the contribution and 100% of the proceeds will go towards the purchase and shipment of Pro Comp lights for use on patrol Humvees for searching for IEDs and roadside bombs while on night patrol.

Offline JT

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 08:45:39 PM »
Matt.........I teach 8th Grade Social Studies (Georgia History, Govt, Econ, Geography).  Have been teaching and coaching in Paulding for 12 years now. 

Mike.....I have been in close contact with Denis Snow (editor/publisher of ORA) and he is taking care of getting the lights to the guys in Iraq....think he has some sort of waiting list going on for which units are next in line for lights. My class has also written letters that were sent a few weeks ago (care of ORA/4Wheel Parts)....I don't have any direct links to the units over there, just trusting that Denis will get everything where it is supposed to go (and from my dealings with him so far, I am 100% sure the letters and lights will end up in the right places.)

I would be more than happy to get some more letters sent if you give me the address of the unit you are referring to......the kids were also going to send copies of old magazines (Sports Illustrated, Field & Stream, stuff like that). Any other ideas on what we could send???

Offline JT

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 08:46:35 PM »
And thanks to whoever got the pictures attached to the original message for me  (Big Jerm?)

BigJerm

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 09:18:31 PM »
wasnt me. i was going to when i got home but guess others mods got it.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »
This is great stuff , thanks for sharing it with us.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »
And thanks to whoever got the pictures attached to the original message for me  (Big Jerm?)

No Problem ;)
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 12:25:26 PM »
i know when i was there we were buying our own lights and most of the lightsaber stuff ended up south.. Kuwait and south of Bdad where it really wasnt needed.. most of the IED's are in Bdad and North of there.. I know when we were out side the wire there were nights were my gunner had to use a spotlight to search for them... maybe they have fixed the problem by now of shipping it to the REMF units just so they can look cool while they are goin back and forth from the chu to the px..

this is a awsome thing you are guys are doing... its a touchy spot for me cause i saw alot of stuff that should have ended up for the guys going out the wire and ended up going to the subway runners..

i know of a couple of units.... pm me and i will let you know.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM