BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: any one around walton county  (Read 456 times)

rockcrusher

any one around walton county
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »
hopefuly jan i will have new motor for my xj and i was wondering if there was any body that is familar with the 4.0 that could help me or at least give some advise .

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: any one around walton county
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
hopefuly jan i will have new motor for my xj and i was wondering if there was any body that is familar with the 4.0 that could help me or at least give some advise .

It's a great motor, and reasonably easy to find.  What do you need to know?

rockcrusher

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
well i just bought a 89 xj 4.0 auto the guy just replaced the rear main  on his way to the shop xj drove fine no prob just leaking little oil he changed it and he says that it started knocking  so when the xj gets here im going to check the oil pressure  i dont thing that the motor is bad  but not really  sure i dont have the jeep at my house just yet i need to pay last payment and with the hoildays now it will be until jan to get it to the house it sucks but thats life got a great deal 500 new paint tires tranny no dents just headliner sag

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
well i just bought a 89 xj 4.0 auto the guy just replaced the rear main  on his way to the shop xj drove fine no prob just leaking little oil he changed it and he says that it started knocking  so when the xj gets here im going to check the oil pressure  i dont thing that the motor is bad  but not really  sure i dont have the jeep at my house just yet i need to pay last payment and with the hoildays now it will be until jan to get it to the house it sucks but thats life got a great deal 500 new paint tires tranny no dents just headliner sag

Keep us posted once you have it and know more.

rockcrusher

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 03:40:26 PM »
will do

rockcrusher

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:46:14 PM »
shes home just got my xj to the house ;D

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 10:31:35 AM »
pics?
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

rockcrusher

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 09:04:08 PM »
hope to have some up this weekend

rockcrusher

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »
it here low on oil bad battery cable chancged battery and cable turn key fuel pump comes on and thats it now what  havnt had much time to spend on it so i will get on it this weekend got to find out why starter wont turn klick or any thing

mdo817

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »
Check the brown wire that goes to the solenoid. You can always just use a jumper on the solenoid.If that works go to the parts store and get a cheap starter button, wire it in call it done.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM