BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• Toys 4 Tots @ River Rock: December 05, 2008 - December 06, 2008

Author Topic: Toys for Tots Run at River Rock.. $25.00  (Read 9807 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Toys for Tots Run at River Rock.. $25.00
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »
Steven I would usually ride anytime anyone wants to come down, but I've got finals on Monday and REALLY need to study. haha.

Great time today. I love the new tires!!! I went out there without my pucks so I was sitting on my bumpstops for the 33/1050s so needless to say, these 35/1250s rubbed a little  ;D

I left the front swaybar connected and tried to stay away from the really flexy stuff. That made for some interested hill climbs though  :o     ;D   We've got some pics of that too.

Mark came down and Kyle brought his Wrangler too. It was a good ride! Lots of awesome, well built rigs to watch too. We stood at the Rat Hole for an hour  :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »
Sounds like it was a blast! Did you run into Logan? He was in a white XJ, I told him to look for you guys there. It's the same guy that was riding with me that time I met ya'll

I wont be going tomorrow either because we took my wifes car to get tires put on it and it wont be ready until tomorrow morning. Who knew the tires places would be so busy right here at christmas time!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:11:52 PM by StevenH »
bolt-ons suck

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
A Goodyear shop in Winder wanted $15 a tire just to break the bead.... yeah, $60 just to take the tires off the wheels for us.

I didn't see him. There was a really good turn out actually.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

mdo817

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2008, 11:06:49 PM »
Here are my pictures, and you will notice there are none of "No Show Mike", I was there at 9:30 waiting on him. Kyle showed up, Will over slept. I can't believe I'm a GrandPa and I can stay up till 1:30 or 0130 for you No Show, drinking Rum and Coke, still get up load the Jeep and make it on time. You guys are going to be in bad shape when you get my age. Anyway had a great time, like Will said there were a lot of well built rigs and they wern't skeered. Had a blast as usual. Here are the pictures.  http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/mdo817gatrailrider/Toys%20For%20Tots/ {toast}

mdo817

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2008, 11:07:26 PM »
well long story short... i over slept.. didnt get up till 11... sorry guys... my wife was like thought you were going wheeln today... i was like why didnt you wake me up... she was like not my job... so i over slept... my bad... hope you all had fun..

:bs)

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »
The Rat Hole was pretty darn nasty today...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 05:25:22 AM »
"and you will notice there are none of "No Show Mike", I was there at 9:30 waiting on him. Kyle showed up, Will over slept. I can't believe I'm a GrandPa and I can stay up till 1:30 or 0130 for you No Show"

yeah i know i am a POS.. i will now go trade in my jeep for a BMW 3series.. my bad... sorry... what else would you like to hear??  I was thinking about going down today but Steven not going today...and i dont know who else is going or not... hate to show up and be the only one there...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2008, 10:54:31 AM »
So Will, did you wait to hear a pop in the front all day. I can see you squinting everytime you wanted to hit the gas. Did it make anything easier on that size tire?
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »
So Will, did you wait to hear a pop in the front all day. I can see you squinting everytime you wanted to hit the gas. Did it make anything easier on that size tire?

I never tried climbing with one front tire, mostly because I didn't wanna flex it a lot with the sway still connected, but they did awesome. I love em. Took them down to 10 PSI and the sidewall hardly budged. I'm gonna run 8 next time. I did a few climbs that I've never done before. The clearance is almost 2 inches more at the bottom of the 8.8 when aired down. I didn't get stuck coming up this hill like I always did...

I had to gas it a few times, but I made sure to keep the tires straight and not let it hop. They did awesome! The clearance is what I like the most, but they've definitely got more traction too. These things bite! Can't wait to bump stop it and really wheel on them.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2008, 10:07:29 PM »
Looks like you guys had a good time. Sorry I missed it. Did you guys heard that Juan put his Jeep on it's lid this weekend? It stopped axles up. Not pretty, but everybody was OK.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2008, 10:38:56 PM »
Looks like you guys had a good time. Sorry I missed it. Did you guys heard that Juan put his Jeep on it's lid this weekend? It stopped axles up. Not pretty, but everybody was OK.

I was waiting for you to give the report. Figured somebody got pics  ;D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »

Will told me about it, I want pictures! Glad him and Chris were alright.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM