BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Anybody into the whole RC crawler thing?  (Read 2996 times)

BigJerm

Re: Anybody into the whole RC crawler thing?
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 02:54:12 AM »
SO today I got me a "crawler"  ;D

Paid $25 to some guy on Craigslist for an Xmod... Not bad and apparently I got a hell of a deal on it... Lets see the Hummer kit alone cost around $79-99 now since it is discontinued model. Then the guy has the 4wd kit installed ($15), under body neon kit ($15) and a suspension lift kit that supposely is hard to find now days and people Ebay them around $50 for the kit! So for $25 I got an RC car worth over $100 used as is.

Got it home, got open the rear diff and glued it together so now it is locked!  ;D the guy who had it flipped around the front body mount to lift the front higher but I might flip it back cause it makes it look funny and un-even and during flex the front tires dont come close to hitting the fenders.

2 Bad things... one batteries only last about 20-25 minutes so need to get recharble ones for sure. 2, the stock bearings on the wheels are plastic and have a lot of play and it slows down the vehicle to almost a dead stop sometimes. So I need to get some metal bearings to fix that issue.

Flex with the body on

Flex with the body off

OOOOO neons!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 03:02:38 AM »
Dude-
  Its 3am your time, 11am mine. I have had 1 mission today and ran 2 miles. Than I come in and you post this? I thought you were trying to lift your Rubi? Hahahaha!!! ;D Yeah, they are cool and GUCCI(Ben). But you know if Dewild or myself hear a word of you buying one of these before your build, we are going to ride your BIG_ASS!!!!! By the way, I use to race these back when I was a kid. I still have the original RC-10!!!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 03:09:46 AM »
Ok....I just looked at them. They are pretty cool. I guess if I had one that looked like my JK it would be cool. Nerdy, but cool.

BigJerm

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 03:13:51 AM »
haha yeah its a little late! I would not have bought it but it was all of $25 so figure why the heck not? Now I can crawl the text books in the living room at 3 a.m.!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 03:22:02 AM »
Yeah-
  we have a few guys here with Helicopters and planes. The guys with the baja trucks run them down on the LZ. When the planes fly, it freaks out the hadji's. They think they have lasers and cameras on them for spying and melting brains!!! Stupid assho***!!!hahahah

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 04:59:30 AM »
helios were the big thing last time i was there... alot of crashes and alot of money spent fixing them

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
I ran through a thread on JKowners and folks rave on this thing. I check it out, pretty neat little toy. Looks like it will run you around $230 shipped from Ebay, maybe a little more.
http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0222

Cool little video
/>

Man R/C cars sure have changed from when I was kid

I have been wanting something like this for a while.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BigJerm

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »
I have been wanting something like this for a while.

they had a few in the hobby shop I was at in Gwinnett yesterday... so tempting...

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Will

• Visitor