BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 45619 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »
Anyway, as I mentioned in the other thread:

"My plan: I have a 3 mile route staked out. I plan to start off by walking, then adding a jog into the mix, until I can jog the whole 3 miles. Then I will start trying to increase the speed and shorten the time frame. I'm hoping by Christmas I'm able to jog the 3 miles".

Does this sound reasonable?

Plus I own one of those Bow flex machines. I need to remove all of the clothes hanging on it and remove the boxes sitting on the bench and put this thing to use.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:21:11 PM by Danny Kinder »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »
Yes it is. Just listen to your body and do treadmill work as well. Stay injury free. I am here to help you on any issues you might come up with to include diet and supplements. Let me know and good luck! You can do it!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:27:26 PM »
so i go in for my check up... and the Doc is sending me in for a stress test.... guess i need to either run more or run less...

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:29:40 PM »
Man I don't know... running is already hard to do in cold weather and its even harder to WANT to run when its only 40 out. I consider myself out of shape though and I can run/walk 3 miles (a lot more walking) with a camelbak with about 50 oz of water, cell phone, wallet, keys.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »
Yes it is. Just listen to your body and do treadmill work as well. Stay injury free. I am here to help you on any issues you might come up with to include diet and supplements. Let me know and good luck! You can do it!

I'll be taking you up on this!
Chuck & Sherry

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 12:35:16 PM »
yea Glen is big on the supplements i think there is one call Steriods...LOL

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 12:35:32 PM »
so i go in for my check up... and the Doc is sending me in for a stress test.... guess i need to either run more or run less...

I went in for a check up a few years back and the Dr. requested a stress test during that visit. The stress test didn't reveal anything. I eventually had to go in and have an echo cardiogram done, which was cool looking.
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »
A gym membership would help with the motivation factor/weather as well. You can link up with a trainer as well and get some pointers from them. Tracy has done this in the past as well. Just remember, it takes roughly 21 days to build a habit. Running is hard for me too. I take off a week and feel like I stepped back a month. I have a 10k in 7 days. Thats my main driving force right now. I am also trying to drop my weight for the holiday binge. I go crazy for the fixings!!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »
stop chasin my threads

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »
Chuck & Sherry

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 12:47:04 PM »
Glen

ghostdancer308

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 12:52:03 PM »
Hahahah!! You and your comments. You should stay out of this thread completely!!lol! There are a few guys in this club that dwarf me. I am a little guy.  ;D Besides, you don't need steroids to have the comic book muscularity I have, so quit hating!! hahah!! Remember, our jobs have a bunch to do with our personal fitness. When I was in corrections, I was 230+lbs. I was good for about a minute in physical altercations. But thats what you needed. Now, its back to the commando type stuff. Bodyweight lifting and plyometric workouts. MikeD, you know about this stuff. Its all about endurance and mental toughness. I am still thinking about going back in, so I try to stay close to peak fitness at all times. Just make time for yourself. Trust me, you post whores can find time if it matters to you. So stop chasing my thread you leprachaun in a pink too-too!!LOL!!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM