BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 49505 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #912 on: May 04, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »
Dave,

My guess is your going to want something in between. More reps - lighter weight will tone a muscle while Less reps - heavy weights builds mass. Is somebody working with you on the physical therapy? They would be the one to answer your question, especially since you have had surgery on your shoulder.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #913 on: May 04, 2010, 11:17:33 AM »
Dave,
 You have some knowledge in this area so try P90X or Crossfit! You can have the best of both worlds with these types of workout. People have problems with diets. My solution is write down what you consume in a training log/journal. I do this still till this day and it works, you can't lie to yourself. As for fat loss always remeber the cardinal rule...burn more than you take in! And its not a "cheat day" its a cheat "meal". Hope this helps!

nashirak

« Reply #914 on: May 07, 2010, 06:49:48 PM »
I'm going to cast another vote for P90X. I posted a month ago that I was starting it up, and man it works. In four weeks, I'm down 18 pounds, down an inch in my chest, waist, hips, and thighs, and up an inch in my upper arms. Plus my energy is way up.

P90X is an outstanding program, even to the point of a thorough diet guide. If you want, you can use a calender that literally maps out three meals each day, with recipes for every meal. Plus recommended snacks between meals.

I haven't been using the detailed menu/calender, but I have cut back on my intake and been watching it better, cut out soft drinks all together, and drink a lot more water. I take a vitamin supplement every day, and breakfast is some fruit and a protein shake post workout every morning. I have small protein/snack bar at 11 and 4, a healthy lunch, and regular dinner.

So I highly recommend it. It has a wide variety of workouts, combining weights, cardio, plyometrics, yoga, and on and on. Doesn't need any special equipment, just some dumbells and a good pullup bar.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #915 on: May 13, 2010, 02:12:39 AM »
outgoing PT test: I had to bench 215lbs 1x, 1.5 mile run. Since 315 on bench is universal, that part was easy. Got the run in 11:09...getting slow! {ehm}

nashirak

« Reply #916 on: May 13, 2010, 10:00:41 AM »
That's not a bad time, bro. My best at the Academy was a 9:50. I figure that's not bad for 6'2, 215. But there's no way I could get close to that now.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #917 on: May 16, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
I know I am suppose to be relaxing but I went and ran for an hour yesterday.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #918 on: June 01, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »
still going steady even though I am on leave. Been doing more cardio and circuit training. Ate like a fat kid at Golden Coral today though!!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #919 on: June 01, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »
I have done nothing for 3 weeks now. I just can't seem to get myself motivated to get going again. The good thing is I haven't gained anything and am holding steady.
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #920 on: June 13, 2010, 12:23:39 PM »
back in the box, still have not got back in the gym yet. But ran a 1.5 in 12min...Slow and steady. Thats what happens when you train with Sam Adams and Taco Bell! ::)

BigJerm

« Reply #921 on: June 14, 2010, 11:14:09 AM »
i am working on the running thing. I stopped after my tryouts but getting back to it slowly

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #922 on: June 14, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »
I'm back to walking 3 miles every other day. I really need to get back to jogging 4 miles instead of walking.......But, the weight is still coming off. Down 34 pounds so far.
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #923 on: June 14, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »
pick a distant event to use as your goal. Like for instance the next jeep beach. 90 days out from that hit the workout regiment hard. I went this morning just after midnight. 3 weeks I should be back into it. {boohoo}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM