BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 49564 times)

BigJerm

Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #936 on: July 02, 2010, 06:18:17 PM »
or move to dumbbell presses and smith machine work. Try not to loose that core movement. Back at it today for me. Its going to be a long road and uphill battle to a 400lb. bench press!

I picked up 2 30 lbs kettlebells today and after a short workout I can say I will get the core movement in! I got to work on form a little bit but I think i am going to enjoy using them in my workout.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #937 on: July 06, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »
still hitting it hard here. 6 sets of 6 with a light 235Lbs on bench just getting back into it. There is a 5K on the 11th of September, put on by the Covington PD. Good day to go out and out PT the cops!!LOL!! {toast}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #938 on: August 01, 2010, 08:46:38 AM »
got 356 on bech today >:(. I guess I will try again in 30 days for 405.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #939 on: August 01, 2010, 10:14:40 AM »
got 356 on bech today >:(. I guess I will try again in 30 days for 405.

That's a lot of weight! I'm pretty sure that I couldn't even push 356 pounds down hill right now! But, I have lost a total of 54 pounds as of today ;D  Only 23 more pounds to go and then I will start hitting the weights again. One thing for sure, it feels totally different jogging 3 miles weighing 207 pounds versus weighing 261 pounds...........................
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #940 on: August 01, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »
Yeah, when I gain weight and start running, I feel it first off in my knees and lower back. Just slow and easy and injury free!!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #941 on: August 01, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »
I have lost a total of 54 pounds as of today ;D  Only 23 more pounds to go and then I will start hitting the weights again. One thing for sure, it feels totally different jogging 3 miles weighing 207 pounds versus weighing 261 pounds...........................

Wow Chuck!  That's awesome to hear.  Congrats!  Look forward to seeing you up here soon.  When is the arrival date?  Can you drink a 24oz beer?  {toast}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #942 on: August 01, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
I have lost a total of 54 pounds as of today ;D  Only 23 more pounds to go and then I will start hitting the weights again. One thing for sure, it feels totally different jogging 3 miles weighing 207 pounds versus weighing 261 pounds...........................

Wow Chuck!  That's awesome to hear.  Congrats!  Look forward to seeing you up here soon.  When is the arrival date?  Can you drink a 24oz beer?  {toast}

Well, my plans may be changing. I have a meeting with my boss on Tuesday so I hope to know something for sure then......
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #943 on: August 15, 2010, 02:57:26 AM »
370lbs max on bench. Not what I wanted. 405 was the target weight. Got a touch of bursitis in the right shoulder. Going to try again on the 1st of Sept. Can rep 335lbs for 4.

BigJerm

« Reply #944 on: August 16, 2010, 07:50:05 PM »
405  {toast}

I have been slacking off the past 2 weeks with a vacation but I am back at it. Trying to get back into running but the heat and whatever knee issue I have is not helping. The scale for luggage at the airport claimed I was 235 lbs which would be a total of 50 lbs lost since I started december 2008. My at home scale that I finally bought says I am more around 240 which seems about right for my size. Now I just need a little more muscle, little less fat.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #945 on: August 17, 2010, 04:58:05 AM »
Man! I just wish I was your height!! Keep it up. I know with running and joint issues for me its usually because I have gained a little weight. I tend to push hard in country for both mission, team and me and so I can eat and drink like sh*t when I am on leave. After a rotation I start to feel the wear and tear in my lower back and, of all places, in my forearms. That would be from gripping the bars in the gym and pull-ups. I did make a bonehead, rookie mistake last night. I didn't warn up thoroughly before bench. Did 135 for 10 reps and jumped to 315. Second rep in, I thought I had torn a pec....No discoloration so I went to shoulders and continued the lifting. I came back to bench, put 275 on the bar and pushed it a few times with no issue, just tenderness. Listen to your body!!!! Always warm up especially shoulders! I ended icing the area most of the night and taking 800mg of motrin. I guess I need to be more careful and not ego-lift!

BigJerm

« Reply #946 on: August 29, 2010, 09:55:03 PM »
My height is ok sometimes... but not always. Got to warm up man! I go through a crazy stretch routine before doing the simplest of workouts just to keep from getting an injury. Just picked up Jack3d after reading so many good reviews on it. The BlackPowder was ok but seem to get my in the bathroom after a workout and the NO Xplode didn't have much of the energy side that I want. Got 2 weeks until the Warrior Dash race in Seattle and then I hope to start hitting the work gym after shift. I feel like I am at that point where either I decide to go light and lean or big and massive now that I got some of the fat off... Both have advantages in my line of work.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #947 on: August 30, 2010, 06:04:25 AM »
I am interested in the Warrior dash. I might do a 5K on Sept. 9th. Jacked is the best of all the ones you named. Stacked with CE2 and NO2, its a great combo!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM