BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 49973 times)

Daniel

Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #672 on: October 08, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »
Well, I figured I'd jump in here and get in on the getting in shape band wagon.  I've been trying to run around our neighborhood every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  It hasn't been going quite like that but I'll get more consistent with it soon.  I'm having to travel to Orlando so that's gonna throw me off again.  But one of my fit-freak roommates is telling me that what I'm running is about a mile or a little over.  And I haven't done anything really since high school.  So...hopefully soon I'll get in shape more, run more and longer and all that good stuff.

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #673 on: October 08, 2009, 02:09:28 PM »
My brother and I are going to start the P90X workout plan beginning Sunday. We will also be following the included nutrition plan. Just from reading through some of the material, it looks to be a relatively strict diet. At any rate, I'll post up stats when we start and as we go along.
98 XJ

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #674 on: October 08, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »
Calvin,

Everyone that I have talked to that has actually used P90x loves it. Good luck and please post your results!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #675 on: October 08, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »
Well, I figured I'd jump in here and get in on the getting in shape band wagon.  I've been trying to run around our neighborhood every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  It hasn't been going quite like that but I'll get more consistent with it soon.  I'm having to travel to Orlando so that's gonna throw me off again.  But one of my fit-freak roommates is telling me that what I'm running is about a mile or a little over.  And I haven't done anything really since high school.  So...hopefully soon I'll get in shape more, run more and longer and all that good stuff.

Don't wait! The older you get the harder it is to get back into shape.........
Chuck & Sherry

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #676 on: October 08, 2009, 06:40:19 PM »
 I was running at 8mph at the end of my workout on the treadmill today when I hit the 2mph button and slowed down my running to cool down but it didn't react immediately and that's when I fell off the treadmill.
 Ooops.  :-[ lol
Semper Fi

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #677 on: October 08, 2009, 06:51:24 PM »
I was running at 8mph at the end of my workout on the treadmill today when I hit the 2mph button and slowed down my running to cool down but it didn't react immediately and that's when I fell off the treadmill.

You didn't hurt the treadmill did you? j/k Hope your all right!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #678 on: October 08, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »

You didn't hurt the treadmill did you? j/k Hope your all right!

Haha, nah....  ;D
Semper Fi

Daniel

« Reply #679 on: October 09, 2009, 09:21:44 AM »

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to jump on it now before it gets too out of hand.  I know my metabolism is already nowhere near what it used to be.  I ran yesterday.  I did better than the last time I ran that route so, hopefully in a few weeks we'll be good to go and I can bump it up and include some more.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #680 on: October 09, 2009, 09:49:29 AM »

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to jump on it now before it gets too out of hand.  I know my metabolism is already nowhere near what it used to be.  I ran yesterday.  I did better than the last time I ran that route so, hopefully in a few weeks we'll be good to go and I can bump it up and include some more.

I don't think running/jogging does a lot for boosting your metabolism. It does a little but you need a good diet and a little bit of weight lifting to really get it going.......Unfortunately, the effects of running/jogging typically only last while it's being performed, but it does burn fat ;D Maybe Glen can chime and give more expert advice!
Chuck & Sherry

Daniel

« Reply #681 on: October 09, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »
I don't have a busy schedule, but I still don't wanna pay for a gym membership.  We get them free here at work but only at Gold's Gym and there isn't one of those close to the house.  I was trying to push Adam into buying your bowflex, I think it was you who was selling it.  But obviously that didn't work.  But, I've read a couple of different posts that running and the proper breathing can boost your metabolism, but I don't think it'll ever get to that point.  I'll just have jog and work out and all that good stuff.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #682 on: October 10, 2009, 05:36:28 AM »
Its 535am now. I am going to knock out a few hundred push-ups and head to RR. I will get back with you guys later on this. Stay motivated!!

BigJerm

« Reply #683 on: October 10, 2009, 11:38:41 AM »
Chuck is right, the only way to really get the fat burn is to build muscle. Bigger muscle burns more fat even during resting periods. If you can't or don't want to do the gym now just do push-ups, sit-ups, squats, ect. A good form pushup requires your arms to "bench" roughly 70% of your body weight.

I suggest going to GNC or Sears and getting the pull-up bar they sale. It's like $30 and you can do different styles of pull ups on the door frame (it holds my fat self), then you can turn it over for push-ups, dips and sit-ups. Toss in some 5 lbs. ankle weights on other exercises and you are good.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM