BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 51685 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #708 on: October 23, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »
Right now I am going to be going for our in house jail response team. Once probation is over... SWAT  {salute}

Cool! You might want to start running now, haha.

Good Luck
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #709 on: October 24, 2009, 09:33:39 AM »
Right now I am going to be going for our in house jail response team. Once probation is over... SWAT  {salute}

Cool! You might want to start running now, haha.

Good Luck

I need to get started! I am sure whatever the requirement is it involves either 1.5 or 2 miles timed so I am pretty much ok with that.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #710 on: October 24, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »
 {toast} Sit, Watch, And Talk!!!(SWAT) ;D

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #711 on: October 25, 2009, 09:19:17 AM »
Ghost be nice to Jeremy ;D

Well, we canceled our LA fitness membership. It's hard enough just to make time to get to the gym in the first place, but then when you get there you have to drive around and try yo find a parking place, I take my jeep because I usually climb over the curb and park in the grass. Then when I get inside forget about getting on a treadmill for cardio because there is on a good day 2 to 3 people in front of me waiting to get one. The weight machines and free weights are no different. The gym is so full you literally have to walk around people and you physically bump into each other. We have been doing it for 6 months but I just can't take it anymore. Of course, it might be a little bit better if a few of them would speak a little bit of "ENGLISH". I'm getting very tired of living down here in north Cuba - it's time to leave.
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #712 on: October 27, 2009, 08:03:08 PM »
yeah I have given up on the big gyms. A few of the coworkers go to a good local gym but its like 45 minutes away so I will just stick to the bowflex in the garage.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #713 on: October 28, 2009, 08:39:32 AM »
yeah I have given up on the big gyms. A few of the coworkers go to a good local gym but its like 45 minutes away so I will just stick to the bowflex in the garage.

I miss my Bowflex {boohoo} I hope it is being abused..........

The running seems to be working pretty good right now. I also started doing push ups, crunches, squats, triceps and back! I don't do many but I'm trying to work my way to 100 each. I do 25 push ups and then flip over and do 25 crunches - I do this until I can't do them anymore, which right now is only about 50 push ups and 75 crunches. Squats are squats nothing special about them. For my triceps and back I have a low foot board on my bed so with my back facing the foot board and my legs about 2 to 3 feet in front of me and hands on the foot board I push myself up and down - I can only do about 50 of these right also, but it really creates a burn in the triceps and a little in the back. Not the best work out but it's better than nothing at the moment. Actually for just trying to burn fat it may be a good routine - only time will tell.
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #714 on: October 28, 2009, 08:41:21 AM »
I bought the perfect push up. I was skeptical about the promotion of it. The way i use it, while I am always awake before everyone else, I place it on the floor and do sets of 20 reps. Before you know it you have done around 100 reps. I shoot for 500 every other day.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #715 on: October 31, 2009, 03:08:26 PM »
Chuck, Jeremy. Back at it tonight. 220 push-ups, cable chest stuff and slow 9min mile. Lets start it back up!! {toast}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #716 on: October 31, 2009, 06:44:08 PM »
220 push up? I can get that in about 3 days ;D

Still running - I used a treadmill this morning and was a little upset - I thought I was burning around 500 to 600 calories with jogging 3 miles - according to the stupid treadmill I'm only burning right at 400 - So it's definitely time to try an add another 1 mile. Maybe, I'm still losing weight at the 3 mile mark. I hit 235 this morning - that's 16 pounds gone in 4 weeks ;D

I may put 1 or 2 back on tonight - chocolate and wine tonight!
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #717 on: October 31, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
I was up at 3am running this morning. Got to love the change over. I guess depending on your pace Chuck, 100 calories a mile is a good way to kind of gauge it.

BigJerm

« Reply #718 on: November 01, 2009, 08:41:43 AM »
good job on the weight loss chuck! I am taking the week off. We are at the range this week and I got to pass to keep a job so the only activity I will be doing is unholster and reloading  :P

ghostdancer308

« Reply #719 on: November 10, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »
How are you guys doing? I was up at 357am, shot from 7am to noon. Slept till 5pm. Hit the gym at 9pm. 300 push ups 50 pull-ups, shoulders. I am really not into cardio right now. Its the Marine Corp Birthday. Happy birthday to any jar head jeepers!!! One of the guys baked a bad ass cake. I ate two huge slices of it. Defeated the purpose of going to the gym I guess. Chime in!! {toast}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM