BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Just a Couple of JK's Killing Time  (Read 4165 times)

ghostdancer308

Just a Couple of JK's Killing Time
« on: January 09, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »
I had heard of this place a while back. Livingston, tracy and myself decided to give it a go. Here is just a pic to start. MikeL dominated. It has a combo of rocks and hill climbs. Perfect for killing time. Its 30 mins from Mike's house and 20 mins from mine. I have been busy as F***. I apologize for my absence, but I see douchebag MikeD has still been lurking around!!LOL!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: Just a Couple of JK's Killing Time
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 06:59:46 PM »
Glenn, where the hell you been? Where is this spot?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 07:09:16 PM »
Hey man! This place is in Lithonia headed to Stone Mtn. Just been busy with crap is all. Here is Mike's poser pic. I have a few as well. Soon to post!!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »
Me and the JK. Mods by MikeL!!!

RotorHead

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 09:17:34 PM »
Glen and I rode a little place I found out about recently. It's only about 30 minutes from both of our houses. Thanks to my carnage, we didn't have time to see everything, but it is a neat place. Being 30 minutes from home and FREE makes it a really cool place.

I was climbing a rock face just goofing off with no intention of going up and over, since there was not much room on top. Well, for some reason (moved lower shock mounts up) my sway bar over extended and reversed itself. It busted the tit off my caliper bleeder port and was putting a lot of pressure on the brake line fitting causing it to leak. So, I'm on a wall and the brake pedal goes to the floor.

Of course, since we were just goofing off, neither one of us had tools with us. Luckily My tire iron fit the nut and I found a crescent wrench in my glove box. I remove the sway bar links, which actually bent on my calipers. I tightened the brake line fitting and no more leaks. with pressure remove. We tied the sway bar up and backed on down. Everything was fine except that I tore my front flare half way off on a vine on the way down.

I designed them to be break away and they worked perfect. I just have to loosen the bolts and  reattach them.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/SeminoleMike/Jeep%20Pictures/

Not where I broke.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:25:33 PM »
Looks like fun. Glad the tire iron worked out. I know for a fact that you can completely remove the rear axle from an XJ with a tire iron, except for the drive shaft bolts and brake line bolts, lol.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
Same here. Most of the suspension stuff on the TJ is 19mm too, like our wheel studs.

Looks like a blast man! Glad you guys got it fixed. I'm eady for some wheelin dangit!  :)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 10:09:50 PM »
There's a lot of granite in Lithonia, Conyers, north and south, so there ought to be some great wheeling there.  It sure would be a great location.  I've wheeled at Little Mountain and at the quarry but have never seen that spot.  Sorry about the carnage.  Glad it worked out, and that it happened there and not at Morris Mountain next week!

BigJerm

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 11:27:16 PM »
looks like a pretty cool place to wheel around at. Doug I always wanted to check out this "little mountain" place. I want to explore places man! Anyways Glenn nice to hear from you again, mike sucks for the carnage though man. Glenn are you going to be at morris mountain next weekend?

ghostdancer308

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 07:26:02 AM »
I am still not 100% about next weekend. I want to go but the powers at be might stop me. Sucks!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
well if the dick of the east hasnt came back from the dead... go wheelin and not even call a brother huh...  {nln} MikeL and a big {nln1} to Glen... looks like fun...  ()() holes...

RotorHead

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 09:53:57 AM »
well if the dick of the east hasnt came back from the dead... go wheelin and not even call a brother huh...  {nln} MikeL and a big {nln1} to Glen... looks like fun...  ()() holes...

We called Ben and invited him. What does that tell you?  ;D

Just kidding. It was kind of a last minute thing.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM