BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Recreation Nation Tomorrow at 10 PM  (Read 963 times)

BigJerm

Re: Recreation Nation Tomorrow at 10 PM
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »
I like both shows. Survivor man does seem more "real" but I feel I learn a lot more from Man Vs. Wild. He does a lot more "how to" stuff and explains the "why" part of it which is what I want in a survival show.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »
I like both shows. Survivor man does seem more "real" but I feel I learn a lot more from Man Vs. Wild. He does a lot more "how to" stuff and explains the "why" part of it which is what I want in a survival show.

Bear is an idiot, he takes risks that most would not take in the wild. He will probably have alot of people dead one day when people need to survive. I think if you watched survivorman you might have a better chance of playing it safe and staying alive. But if one of the extreme routes came up that you were forced to take, I guess Bear could fill in the holes.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Daniel

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »
Bear is an idiot, he takes risks that most would not take in the wild. He will probably have alot of people dead one day when people need to survive. I think if you watched survivorman you might have a better chance of playing it safe and staying alive. But if one of the extreme routes came up that you were forced to take, I guess Bear could fill in the holes.

I gotta be honest, if I were to be thrown out into the wild or stranded, I'd probably die anyways.  So, watching either of these shows probably wouldn't help me if I really needed it.  But I just like to watch Les.  It all seems more real, 'cause I know Bear doesn't provide enough boa constrictor for his whole camera crew to eat off.  I'll bet at night those guys are eating better than all of us, or during the day, hell I don't know their eating schedules.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 02:46:32 PM »

I gotta be honest, if I were to be thrown out into the wild or stranded, I'd probably die anyways.  So, watching either of these shows probably wouldn't help me if I really needed it.  But I just like to watch Les.  It all seems more real, 'cause I know Bear doesn't provide enough boa constrictor for his whole camera crew to eat off.  I'll bet at night those guys are eating better than all of us, or during the day, hell I don't know their eating schedules.

kraft foods set up in the belize rain forest {hardlaugh}

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 03:52:10 PM »
Ha no doubt Bear does stupid things for the sake of showing the worst case scenario. All I meant was I learn a lot more from him. He shows how to make shelters, how to prepare meals, clean cuts with local plants, filter water, ect. The guy in Survivor Man does all the same things but Bear usually goes through the steps on how to do where as Survivor Man just does them. The one thing I like about Survivor Man is his scenario style shows where he marooned on a beach with his broken boat or in the artic with a downed plane or desert with a dead dirt bike. I like seeing how to use an item like a boat to survive.

Now would I climb a vertical 40 foot rock face with no climbing gear on? Ummm no… wont be following that part of Bear’s teaching. I agree in a life or death survival situation you need to be extremely cautious and climbing up water falls (or diving off the top of them) is not a great idea to do alone unless it is a last resort. That is where Survivor man is more practical. Except here lately while Bear shows you where to go to most likely find people, Survivor just survives until X amount of days and his crew comes to get him…. Both are different shows so its hard to say which is better.

Like I said, I watch them both, this way I can arm chair quarterback my survival techniques on the internet!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 04:04:47 PM »
Ok, here is my take. When I had cable :'( I watched both. Both were good but I always wondered about manvs. just because the crew was with him all the time. I bet he was fed some snacks here and there but who knows. I heard the stories about him in the hotels etc. while he was supposed to be in the wild. But still, entertaining. He goes a bit extreme as actually if put into those situations it is better to stay put!! Rule 1 man!! Survivorman is much better in my opinion since he has only himself to rely upon and tends to make more rational descisions rather than jumping off 100ft cliffs into 30 degree rivers in the winter. Come on now. Who would do that to begin with!? But I read a good article about surbivorman and he is just like one of us. He is self taught and has never been trained like Bear. So take your pic, both are fun but I go survivorman all the way. So if you get lost... stay put people. ;)
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 04:15:32 PM »
Dont get me wrong Bear is far more entertaining than Les, but you wont catch me doing some of his stunts. Although he does most of them to show you what if, so I guess it good. The other guy cant show us what if, cause its to much of a risk. I like both no doubt about it. Lately I have been on a dog whisperer stint though

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 04:23:02 PM »
Dog whisperer?  :-X

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 04:30:07 PM »
Sorry, I like dogs. And I found out Ceasar is straight so that makes it that much cooler  {toast}

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »
So what have you found out about Will?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 04:49:35 PM »
So what have you found out about Will?

That he's the man... apparently.

I sense sarcasm in your sig... the force is with me.  :)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 06:16:19 PM »
Search man v wild outtakes, or deleted scenes, or fake on youtube and you'll find all kinds of stuff about the show.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM