BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: My broke Jeep and rebuild...  (Read 2613 times)

urdaddyjeep

My broke Jeep and rebuild...
« on: January 19, 2009, 11:41:54 AM »
Since this is my first breakage and I didnt want to hijack any other threads so here it is...

just got back from the dealership... so far they say they are doing the warranty work... if anything changes they will call me...
what they did say is that I shouldnt be running 35's on a dana30.. saying that this will happen again.. i dont think that they believe me when i told them that I bought it the way it is... but i called the dealership in hawaii and they said that they will fax all the mods that they did to Thompson dealership if they want it.. so that might help... now if for some reason they say they wont cover it under warranty then i guess i might as well try and find a dana44 that fits a JK.. i am looking now just in case...also will need to find a place to do the swap and do the regearing cause I will have to redo the 44 in the rear as well... and ya I will have to add lockers too i Guess... so post up any help that you guys might have..

Mike ;D

BigJerm

Re: My broke Jeep and rebuild...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »
I got to say that is a load of crap from them. You cant fun 35" tires on a D30 front? Folks with older Jeeps have been running 35's forever on the 30, and get on any major forum and look at the number of members with 35's on the JK and very few issues reported. I ran 35's on my front 30 for 26k miles and I wheeled it a lot in that time (and it came new from the dealer with 2.5" lift and 35's).

Anyways, good to see so far they are trying to fix it warranty wise and not fighting with you. Whats the dealer name?

ghostdancer308

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »
Get a real jeep! Trade it in for a Rubicon.  {popcorn} {toast}

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:01:43 PM »

haha got to say when I had my X on 35's I thought it was the shit when a little gas/brake combo with the LSD in the rear and I could go places folks said you couldnt without lockers... But then I wanted 4 door and life with lockers is so much better now. It took a lot more gas, "bumps" and faith to get over things with no lockers... now I just need momentum to slide the belly over things

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:05:01 PM »

Why? They get stuck going up a little incline ()()
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 12:26:54 PM »
woah... you snapped your axle urdaddy?
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »
its the dealeship in Thompson GA about 20 miles west of Augusta off of I20... I saw a nice Rubi at the dealership here in Augusta for sale but being used i would have to pass cause they couldnt give me what I would need to pay mine off... but I have thought about getting a Rubi... but if things go bad then I will have a 44 front with 4.10's front and rear plus lockers when done... and that is if things go bad...

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »
no i busted a few teeth of the gear...

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »
Screw 4.10's! go with 4.88's or 5.13's ;D
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »
well the 4.10's would be free... so i cant go wrong there.... also .. looked into 5.13's just the gears only for front and rear are going to cost over $500.. just for the gears and not the install kits... but would i need those as well?? I have no idea about gears and such so I need all the help I can get..

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 03:27:18 PM »
You'll need gears and a master install kit. Didn't Ben get his gears and install kits for around $500? Yours would be a bit more with the d44 rear but not by too much. And for Pete's sake, through a freakin Aussie in the front while its apart {nln}
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM