BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: My broke Jeep and rebuild...  (Read 2604 times)

urdaddyjeep

Re: My broke Jeep and rebuild...
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 07:20:23 PM »
how does one take a big hop backwards off a 4' dropoff....

as far as the warranty and dealerships goes try and build a repor with them before hand... so far it has helped in my case.... who knows they might call me tomarrow and tell me i owe them $$$$$$ lets just hope not.... {cheers2}

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 07:39:29 PM »
Wheels spinning and the jeep was hopping, it took a big hop and when gravity took effect there was nothing underneath the tires. I forgot to mention he's hard on it lol

If you have been to Gulches it was on the left side of the ledge at the heartbreaker entrance
bolt-ons suck

Offline Old_ford

• Visitor
  • Who needs a chevy i got my ford back!!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »
they have to honor the warrenty  THEY MUST PROVE your mods  broke it  if they give you any issues call the ftc and drop in a formal complaint,  that will get your rig fixed ;)
you may go faster but i can go over

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 10:28:28 PM »
Heres the jeep and the ledge, where he bent the shafts was on the left side where the picture doesnt show. its bigger the further eft you get

my little XJ did make it up with a little throttle  ;D
bolt-ons suck

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »
Pretty sure I've seen that Rubi at River Rock before.

So what all went down, Mike? You guys pulled the cover, saw the busted teeth on the ring gear and... how did you get it to Augusta? I'm seeing that you didn't drive it.

As far as the whole warranty thing; no the Jeep didn't get your lift and tires from the factory, the dealership slapped it on. But you signed for that Jeep and it's warranty and the dealership knew what was on it. I would raise all hell if they try to say they will not cover because of the tire size. The dealership in LaGrange puts a lot of after market parts on their Jeeps and they cover everything that's on it when they sell it.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »
And maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't the carrier break on the dana 30 4.88?  :-\  ... pretty sure it is..
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 07:40:42 AM »
yea i guess it would have done more damage if i would have drove home on it... taking out the axle shafts isnt that the only thing holding the tires on?

Yep! You would have been dragging your a$$ home ;D
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »
And maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't the carrier break on the dana 30 4.88?  :-\  ... pretty sure it is..

i have 3.73's and i had to rent a trailer from u-haul to get it to the dealership... i dont think i am goin to have a problem

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 06:07:27 PM »
well talked to the dealership on the phone today to find out how things are going....Here it is in a nut shell

They have to replace the gears (we knew that) and a u-joint....big $$$$$ but not my dime... it is all being covered by the warranty... and it should be ready by this weekend...  ;D {toast} {cheers2} {woohoo}  so once again i guess i luck out and found a dealership that works with jeepers... but i am still talking to the wife to see about changing out the gears for 5.something and maybe going to a 44 in the front... she needs to hurry up and start getting paid... ;D

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 06:12:56 PM »
Awesome news that they're covering everything!

Why are you after a dana 44?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »
cause it is cheaper then a dana 60.. i want to end up having a 60 front and 70 rear

and i am suprised that noone has said anything about my new sig...

<<<<<<<<<

ghostdancer308

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 06:34:35 PM »
Homo!!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM