BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: THIS SATURDAY N. GEORGIA RIDE?  (Read 13996 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: THIS SATURDAY N. GEORGIA RIDE?
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »
Great day to ride huh!!!???? Nice pics and glad you all had fun!
I've grown tired of this.

RotorHead

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2009, 08:16:57 PM »
Cool pictures. Looks like you guys had fun. Sorry I couldn't make it.  {toast}

Offline big94yj

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2009, 09:18:16 PM »
hey guys i had a great time riding with all of yall today and would like to do it again some time soon. thanks for all the photeoes they are great. i am going up too durhamtown in february with GATR. if you havent signed up already you should. thanks for the trip i had a blast riding with yall. even though we got a little mix up on trails some times...  {ehm} haha
94 yj
3inch body lift and 4 inch suspension
35"  x-terrains
rhinolined interior
genright tube fenders up front.
(more just dont feel like listing)

Offline big94yj

• Visitor
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »
great pictures,..
man I wished I would have stayed for round 2, but I was dying to know where that service road came out on 60... very nice, found me some new camping spots...

here are the few shots I got
http://s564.photobucket.com/albums/ss88/TheSouthernBird/2009trailride/?albumview=slideshow

here is the video I got,.. that was some thick ice..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWXNgZ2PoI

had an awesome time guys.. {toast}

i just didnt want to mess anything up going to fast and slamming ice so i thought just to crawl and break the ice instead... but looking at it now i guess i probaby could have
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:57:13 PM by big94yj »
94 yj
35"  x-terrains
rhinolined interior

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »
Nice ride. That ice was thick, looked like an 1.5" in the vid.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2009, 12:30:35 PM »
check out this site

http://picasaweb.google.com/Runyan1/GATrailRide09#

there are over 200 pics!

I have no idea where that's at but that's the kind of trails / water crossing stuff I am wanting to do. Nice pics, looks like everyone had a lot of fun.  {toast}

That JK looks great, what size lift and tires do you have on it?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:33:32 PM by HHI_Rubicon »
Semper Fi

Offline big94yj

• Visitor
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2009, 01:12:45 PM »
that was in north geogia around amicolola state park at the top of niblewell mountain we took the trail toward amicolola and then went around and back up too the top of nimblewell and went down the other side and went back up the trail. i will be going there again soon it was a fun ride there was a jk that came with us that did great. if you wanna go some time just start a post ill try join you and take you on the trails we did  it took us about 5 hours riding trails
94 yj
35"  x-terrains
rhinolined interior

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2009, 01:18:49 PM »
that was in north geogia around amicolola state park at the top of niblewell mountain we took the trail toward amicolola and then went around and back up too the top of nimblewell and went down the other side and went back up the trail. i will be going there again soon it was a fun ride there was a jk that came with us that did great. if you wanna go some time just start a post ill try join you and take you on the trails we did  it took us about 5 hours riding trails

Give me a town or something to google for directions? I have to travel far to do everything cool. lol
Semper Fi

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2009, 01:28:13 PM »
the gulches are near you

Offline big94yj

• Visitor
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2009, 03:05:39 PM »

Give me a town or something to google for directions? I have to travel far to do everything cool. lol
here is a link to a service road right next to the church we met at. if you take a right out of the parking lot and go about 3 miles down the road it turnis into a dirt road and you go another couple miles up the road to the top of nimblewell mountian. from there you can go to two trails that fork off one to amicalola state park and another to old bucktown road.  we hit both of them.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=forest+service+road+28-1,+ga&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=14.20984,13.447266&ie=UTF8&ll=34.649026,-84.14669&spn=0.057334,0.052528&z=12&iwloc=addr
94 yj
35"  x-terrains
rhinolined interior

BigJerm

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »
were there actually any water crossings though? Best I remember of those trails it is only mud holes that have any water. Hard to find water crossings these days with the greenies claiming errosion all over the place. There use to be another section of trails called Anderson Creek ORV up there but they were just officially closed due to "erosion". I am sure it wont be long with the way Old Bucktown is all washed out... I have been on a few roads up around Lake Conasauga tha have small creek crossing but they don't go anywhere.

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2009, 03:49:50 PM »
were there actually any water crossings though? Best I remember of those trails it is only mud holes that have any water. Hard to find water crossings these days with the greenies claiming errosion all over the place. There use to be another section of trails called Anderson Creek ORV up there but they were just officially closed due to "erosion". I am sure it wont be long with the way Old Bucktown is all washed out... I have been on a few roads up around Lake Conasauga tha have small creek crossing but they don't go anywhere.

I looked at the link posted for pics and saw 2 big water xings. I just like the idea of doing trails like that more than rock climbs, just a personal preference.
Semper Fi

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM