BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morris Mtn pics thread!!!  (Read 11980 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Morris Mtn pics thread!!!
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »
Matt, you want me to photoshop matt winching you out of the pic? ;D
I've grown tired of this.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »
isnt that Adam winchin Matt up .... ?? {ehm} {;-(} .... so guess i am confused how does Matt winch Matt ? {ehm}
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:55:59 PM by urdaddyjeep »

mdo817

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2009, 01:39:57 AM »
Cool pictures. Why does my Jeep look like it wants to flip itself over? lol

Looks to me like it's flirting with my Jeep.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »
Mike D, You're a duuf.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2009, 02:25:29 PM »
Cool pics. I need some hi res pics of mine ;D

Those are small  {letseat}
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline camper

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2009, 10:52:50 PM »
I drove up from florida to participate.  I didn't know anyone except for a few foolish comments on the pre-trip chat topic.  I drove all night thursday and arrived friday morning.  Mike L. (red JK unlimited rubicon), Sam (red TJ), and Alex (blue YJ) were already there.  They invited me to go ride, but I wanted to dump my gear and set up a camp first.  We kept in touch over the cb and they came back shortly to lead me on my first ride.

In my hurry, I left my camera in my bag in the tent.  Thanks Mike for taking this picture.  Alex is trying to get me up the rock face at "good, bad, ugly".  I finally made it after my tires dried up some.  Outside of a few rides on the local forest sand trails, this was the first time I had tried anything difficult with this jeep.

More fellas showed up later in the afternoon and evening.  It was getting colder.  I was introduced to many, but it's hard to remember names when you're the new guy.  The next morning, I took a few pictures around the camp area.  I'm not complaining, but the area is really just a clearing with few familiar camp site features.  I put my tent up across from where the main crowd was going to gather because I wanted to be able to get some sleep friday night. 

Fortunately, it was so cold that the muddy infield was hard as pavement.

You can see that tent camping with the georgia crowd is "primitive"....it was cold for everyone in a tent.

We had one good size fire friday night, but it was small for the extreme cold we had.  We burned a lot of wood.  Some fellas tried to warm back up saturday morning while the gang waited for the day-trippers to arrive.  I think we have Kyle, Daniel, Matt, JJ, Brian, ....I may have some of these names wrong.

...and Sam, who held my hand on the trails a few times.

The sun had been up for a few hours now so it was getting warm.  It never got above freezing on Saturday.  I got up a few times during friday night/saturday morning.  My little thermometer showed 12 degrees around 5:00 am.

I kick myself for not taking the time to take pictures on the trail rides.  I was having fun and just never dug my camera out during saturday.  I thought we might ride again sunday, so I didn't think much about it at the time.  I borrowed these two pictures from "Lizzy".  Thanks for including me in your photos.

...white steel wheels....LOL......

Wish I had more.  Y'all should be proud of what you have going.   Thanks for letting me invite myself.  I'll try again with you guys later this year.

Steve.

Steve....'98 TJ sport

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2009, 11:29:21 PM »
steve, it was great to meet you and i think i speak for most of gatr when I say that we were glad to have you! (You got all the names right in those pics too). I wish I had taken alot more pictures than I did...I missed alot of action on camera.

Look forward to seeing you on more rides!
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2009, 08:04:29 AM »
Great story telling Steve!  We need you on more rides!  Please come back and join us anytime, but certainly when it's warmer.
 {toast}

Daniel

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2009, 09:10:39 AM »
Yeah, I'm glad you came out too Steve.  Sorry it was such a long drive and I hope it was worth it for you.  I had fun and it was good to meet you.  I hope to see you back out again soon. 

RotorHead

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2009, 10:30:51 AM »
Yeah, come on back anytime Steve.  {toast}

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2009, 04:34:28 AM »
Great to have you and we need to hook up to do some real campin when it warms up! {toast}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM