BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: RIVER ROCK ORV: March 13-15 Discussion  (Read 32889 times)

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
Re: RIVER ROCK ORV: March 13-15 Discussion
« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2009, 08:54:23 PM »
Well, we made it back safely from our cruise... just in time to squeeze in a weekend of wheelin'.

While I was gone I had a few things added to the jeep... so I'll be a little more capable this time out.

At any rate, we should be there sometime before dark tomorrow (friday) and we'll be stayin till sunday. We'll be stayin in the cabin out there. So, unless something changes, I'll hit ya'll up on channel 7 tomorrow evening.
98 XJ

Offline Night Wolf

• Visitor
  • Jump It.
« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2009, 09:09:52 PM »
Cool, when will you be coming through Macon? I'll meet you some place when you're coming through.

I get out of work at 3, I gotta do a few small odds and ends to the Jeep (mostly remove the drop hitch/ball from the reciever - it's stuck in... may have to get creative) then remove the back seat, line the cargo area with plastic and load the firewood (I know... it's gotta get bed-lined!) I am thinking I should be passing thru Macon around 4:30, maybe 5.... PM me your number and I'll give you a call in advance to let you know what the status is, and we'll find a place to meet.

You bring some firewood and my jacket and you are the man!  

Your receiver should be fine as a rear tow point for this weekend if you even need it. The front hooks are stout and that's usually what we hook to anyways.

:) I enjoy acts of kindness. Anyway, ya'll are the ones that gotta put up with a newbie when it comes to 4x4... I've lightly wheeled my open diff 2WD Isuzu Amigo... other then that and riding along other times, it'll be a first - very excited.

It looks like I will be getting to RR Friday evening around 6 or so, Weather we get some wheeling in or not it should be lots of fun! I will be sleeping off-site tho, so I don't know how late I'll stick around for.

Anyway, in my short period of Jeep ownership, I've already got stuff to sell, if anyone is interested I can bring them along.

I've got the plastic chrome grille inserts in very good condition, $25 takes them:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13131_00.htm

I have 7" OEM-style fender flares, 4-piece set, $100, very good condiiton. I got these because I thought I was going to get 33x12.5x15 tires next, but I am going to stay smaller for now and get 31x10.5x15, I think when I do go to 33's, I'll stick with 10.5" width, so these will just be sitting around for a long time.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_503_07.htm

Also, my hardtop, if serious about it let me know, I can bring it and we can work out a price.....

http://macon.craigslist.org/pts/1055093946.html
~Rick AKA Jump

'05 TJ Sport - Savvy/Currie/Clayton/UCF 3" & 33s

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:44 PM »
I get out of work at 3, I gotta do a few small odds and ends to the Jeep (mostly remove the drop hitch/ball from the reciever - it's stuck in... may have to get creative) then remove the back seat, line the cargo area with plastic and load the firewood (I know... it's gotta get bed-lined!) I am thinking I should be passing thru Macon around 4:30, maybe 5.... PM me your number and I'll give you a call in advance to let you know what the status is, and we'll find a place to meet.

PM coming your way.

If you can't get the hitch out, we can have a good old fashion hill billy truck pull to get it out, haha.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

RotorHead

« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2009, 09:23:26 PM »
My neighbor is coming down Saturday with his brother. Matt is 21 and his brother is still in high school. The younger one has a TJ on 33's and never wheeled it. Matt's got a really nice 86 Chevy 4x4, but he's not bringing it.

It should be fun creating two more monsters, in addition to the other new guys we have on this run.  {toast}

Offline Night Wolf

• Visitor
  • Jump It.
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »

PM coming your way.

If you can't get the hitch out, we can have a good old fashion hill billy truck pull to get it out, haha.

lol, my idea wasn't that far off.... was going to get one of the tow straps, wrap it around the hitch, then a sturdy tree, put the Jeep in 4-lo and see who wins :) I really had to wail on it to go in (has surface rust, I did spray oil in it too) but I was sorta in a hurry to get the Jeep ready to tow my trailer because I needed it.

~Rick AKA Jump

'05 TJ Sport - Savvy/Currie/Clayton/UCF 3" & 33s

RotorHead

« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2009, 09:40:40 PM »
A couple whacks with a BFH might do the trick too.  Try spaying some WD40 in there too.

BigJerm

« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
well I got all my gear together... just need to hit the grocery store in the morning and then hopefully I can beat ATL traffic and be there by 10. Can I ride shotgun part of Friday with someone? I will bring a camera I promise  {toast}

mdo817

« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »
well I got all my gear together... just need to hit the grocery store in the morning and then hopefully I can beat ATL traffic and be there by 10. Can I ride shotgun part of Friday with someone? I will bring a camera I promise  {toast}

He** no you have a Rubicon, you can do it. Whats up Jerm 'fraid to run it? I'll give you $5 for gas if that's the problem.JK

My Dad is riding with mr Friday or I would say yea man come on. My Dad and I have been Mudding since I was a real little boy, you guys introduced me to rocks, now it's my turn to introduce Dad to rocks. Friday should be real fun for me. I really look forward to any time I get to spend with my Father, he has been such an insperation and roll model in my life.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2009, 11:01:01 PM »
crap looks like i will not be able to make it... but i am not saying that there is s slim hope.. just a slim chance

mdo817

« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2009, 11:05:40 PM »
It should be fun creating two more monsters, in addition to the other new guys we have on this run. 

Yea, I will help you, since you helped create my addiction. It will be fun.

And by the way Mike D, I think you are scared of the new line on the hill climb that you are using against our favorite S.O.F. Man up and show us it wasn't luck without lockers. LMAO

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
mark you call theresa and talk it over with her... she has been working days while i have been working nites.. we have seen each other for about 5 mins a day... so if you can talk her into letting me go for the day i will bring beer....

BigJerm

« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2009, 11:15:30 PM »

He** no you have a Rubicon, you can do it. Whats up Jerm 'fraid to run it? I'll give you $5 for gas if that's the problem.JK

Haha I may have some lockers but I still cant follow you big guys! I want to see some obstacles! I learned the hard way with Tellico... never saw the Bus, Helicopter or Guard Rail...  :'(

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM