BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Head West Young Man  (Read 2796 times)

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
Head West Young Man
« on: February 25, 2009, 04:29:37 PM »
 So after seeing all these incredible trails and scenery out west, Colorado for example, I was thinking of heading out that way to check some of them out. It's weird, I have never even been to Colorado but I find myself wanting to pick up and move there lol.

Short of driving out there in a convoy ( I don't see many people being interested in that ) I thought about getting some people together to fly out there and rent some Jeeps to hit some trails OR catch an auto train with our rigs.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in heading out west sometime this year to do some trails.  {ehm}

Motivational pic.  ;D

Semper Fi

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Head West Young Man
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:48:09 PM »
Actually a few of the guys here like Jerm have planned a trip for 2010. Doug and I are heade to Moab in April for the easter Jeep safari. But yes, I too would move in a heartbeat to colorado or anyplace like that!!!!!
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:11:50 PM »
yeah there is a trip planned in 2010 to the Rubicon with a circle back on Moab... The rubicon seems to be under attack right now so if it isnt open then I can just swing all CO and Moab.

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 05:52:03 PM »
How are you guys getting out there?
Semper Fi

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »
me, the only way I care to travel... Driving! Why miss the country flying? I have never been further west than New Orleans (did fly to Las Vegas) so I got a lot of country to see!

Offline HHI_Rubicon

• Visitor
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17:13 PM »
 I would consider driving, I just don't know how I would feel about hardcore wheeling my only way home way across the country.
Have you looked at travel time etc?
2010? I'm wanting to do CO this year....... hmmmm
Semper Fi

Daniel

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 06:21:15 PM »
I think to drive out to Colorado, one person driving, it's about a 2 day drive.  I've been out there and love it!!  The scenery is incredible.  The first time I went out there I actually got to see bighorn sheep.  They weren't wild necessarily, but they weren't in a pasture or anything.  And snow... it actually snows there.  The only thing that keeps me from definitely moving out there is I've got all my family and friends here.  I guess I'm just too much of a family oriented guy to pick up and leave.  That plus, jobs are scarce and I've got one here.

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »

Doug and I are heade to Moab in April for the easter Jeep safari. But yes, I too would move in a heartbeat to colorado or anyplace like that!!!!!

Sorry to hear this Ben, once you go to Moab,
all the rest seems mediocre.
 :'( hahahahahaahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:34:57 PM by Rockinwrangler »
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

BigJerm

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 06:32:41 PM »
I would consider driving, I just don't know how I would feel about hardcore wheeling my only way home way across the country.
Have you looked at travel time etc?
2010? I'm wanting to do CO this year....... hmmmm

Have I! Here is the thread on it. I got a lot of updating to do and clean some one the useless post up but this is the just: http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=2530.0 - O and on page 5 I even mapped out the exits and everything for rest stops to sleep at...

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 07:39:41 PM »
Haven't you been told,
California's full of Whiskey, Women, and Gold.

Sorry, just had to finish the line.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:41:19 PM by Ben H. »
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 07:33:56 AM »
yeah there is a trip planned in 2010 to the Rubicon with a circle back on Moab... The rubicon seems to be under attack right now so if it isnt open then I can just swing all CO and Moab.

BigJerm, if you are keeping a list of attendees please include me! I will more than likely be living in Texas by then but I'm sure we can meet up some where.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 07:44:29 AM »
Haha there will be no official list for awhile! We got over a year before this bad boy goes down so I probably won't worry with that till a few months prior

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM