BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Wheelers for the Wounded - 26-27 SEP 09, River Rock  (Read 22933 times)

Offline MJ4x4C

• Visitor
Wheelers for the Wounded - 26-27 SEP 09, River Rock
« on: March 01, 2009, 10:26:21 PM »
Matanzas Jeep 4x4 Club of Northeast Florida would like to invite you and your club to attend a Wheelers for the Wounded event near you.

If you haven’t heard of Wheelers for the Wounded (WFTW), it is a non-profit organization with the goal of providing a weekend of off-roading and camping to our country's wounded military members all over the United States.  This will provide them with much deserved fun and excitement as they traverse the most extreme terrain our great country has to offer in a variety of the best off-road capable vehicles ever built. Local events where wounded veterans will be the honored guests are being held all over the country in 2009.

Wheelers for the Wounded consists of all makes and models, built rigs and everything in between. We look forward to having all types of 4x4 vehicles coming together to focus on our honored guests - America's wounded veterans!
The upcoming events in the Southeast are as follows:

FLORIDA, Main Event: April 4-5 @ Hard Rock in Ocala, Hosted by Hummer X Club and Venture Jeeps

FLORIDA, Charity Event: June 13, Jeep Show-n-Shine @ Wilson’s 4x4 in Holly Hill, Hosted by Matanzas Jeep 4x4 Club, even though the Show-n-Shine is Jeeps Only, everyone is welcome to attend, all proceeds will be used to pay entrance fees for wounded service members at the Georgia Main Event

GEORGIA, Main Event: September 26-27 @ River Rock in Milledgeville, Hosted by Matanzas Jeep 4x4 Club
In order to show support and interest in for this worthwhile cause, we request that you sign up on the Wheelers for the Wounded forum and post in the section for the events near you.

http://wheelersforthewounded.org/forum/index.php

More details for these events will be posted as they get closer.

Thank you,                                                                                                             
Clarence, President
Matanzas Jeep 4x4 Club
www.matanzasjeepclub.com   
matanzasjeepclub@yahoo.com

ghostdancer308

Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - 26-27 SEP 09, River Rock
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 01:19:13 AM »
If I am in country and not deplyoed, as usual, I will be there and so will SSG MikeD! {salute}

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
yep i will be there... i will talk to a few others as well...

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:45:53 AM »
if i'm not deployed i'll be there. {salute}
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

ghostdancer308

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »
Man, I like deployments but I hate missing out! The snow, the rides, etc..Lets swap roles and have you guys come here and watch us piss and moan about rain and cold and buying sh*t for your jeep and whatever you wake up crying about!!!! LOL!!!  {popcorn} ;D

mdo817

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 03:59:56 PM »
Man, I like deployments but I hate missing out! The snow, the rides, etc..Lets swap roles and have you guys come here and watch us piss and moan about rain and cold and buying sh*t for your jeep and whatever you wake up crying about!!!! LOL!!!  {popcorn} ;D

No thanks Glen, I'll just go to Macon, it's the closest 3rd. World Place to me.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
Thanks for the invite. We will add this to the Calendar.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

mdo817

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »
Sorry,  {btt} I'll plan on being there.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 10:18:46 PM »
I was just playing Mark! I only get 3 rides a year! So I would really like to make this one. As for a visit anywhere in the middle east, I wouldn't put that doom on anyone!  {toast}

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 10:20:42 AM »
ill be rolling with Mark down there!!

Offline MJ4x4C

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Some may have seen the sad news that Jason, the founder of Wheelers for the Wounded will no longer be able to continue his program. While this is unfortunate, Matanzas Jeep Club has many current and prior service members and we think it is still a worthy cause to raise awareness for wounded service members.

So, we have decided like many other 4x4 clubs to continue with our plans to host our Charity Jeep Show on June 13th at Wilson’s 4x4 in Daytona and our main event in River Rock, GA on the weekend of September 25-27.

THE SHOW WILL GO ON!!!

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 01:56:38 PM »
sweet-- count me in!!-- hopfully RR will have stopped hate'n on us by then and well quit break'n shit.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM