BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Wheelers for the Wounded - 26-27 SEP 09, River Rock  (Read 23006 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - 26-27 SEP 09, River Rock
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »
2 days of sun dries River Rock to the bone. It has been sunny all day in Milledgeville today and there is no sign of raining for over a week other than the Oconee being WAY high.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

mdo817

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »
2 days of sun dries River Rock to the bone. It has been sunny all day in Milledgeville today and there is no sign of raining for over a week other than the Oconee being WAY high.
Weather is looking much better, you going to be out this weekend Will? Did you get my message Saturday night?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2009, 03:16:54 PM »
2 wheel drive trailer rigs won't be able to go up the road to exit the park.

This actually happened to me last year. I had to get pulled up to the exit with the YJ in tow.

It should make for an interesting trip. Here's the latest advisory:
... FLOOD WARNING EXTENDED UNTIL WEDNESDAY MORNING... THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE OCONEE RIVER NEAR MILLEDGEVILLE... * UNTIL WEDNESDAY MORNING. * AT 10 AM TUESDAY THE STAGE WAS 30.8 FEET AND RISING. * MINOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST. * FLOOD STAGE IS 27.0 FEET. * THE RIVER WILL CONTINUE RISING TO NEAR 32.8 FEET BY THIS AFTERNOON. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE EARLY TOMORROW. * AT 32.0 FEET... MODERATE FLOODING BEGINS. FISHING CREEK SPREADS FURTHER INTO WOODLAND AREAS AND BEGINS TO COVER SOME ROADS IN LOW LYING AREAS. TANYARD BRANCH STREAM CONTINUES TO FLOOD.

It's not as bad as it was last year when it flooded. It just happened so fast this past week. A few of my buddies grabbed 40s of Diesel and watched the water coming out of the dam last night. It's pretty awesome when all the gates are open. That river is zoomin.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:19:04 PM by Will »
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »
Weather is looking much better, you going to be out this weekend Will? Did you get my message Saturday night?

Haha yeah I did, but I had no service. Tried to call you back a couple of times without any luck. I'll come out there and check it out at least one day. I'd like to see everybody's rigs and say hey to everyone.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »
and there is no sign of raining for over a week other than the Oconee being WAY high.

Huh?  NOAA has some good data here, click on GA, and TWC shows 40% Sat and Sun. 

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rfcshare/precip_analysis_new.php

RotorHead

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2009, 03:35:45 PM »
As much as I would like to make this one, I'm out. Gotta go to Thunder Beach in PC this weekend. Ya'll have fun.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »
and there is no sign of raining for over a week other than the Oconee being WAY high.

Huh?  NOAA has some good data here, click on GA, and TWC shows 40% Sat and Sun. 

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rfcshare/precip_analysis_new.php

Everything is relatively dry at the moment, and RR is fine unless it has poured within the first couple days before the weekend. But yes, it's supposed to rain all week. Not a cloud in the sky right now though.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2009, 12:04:19 AM »
Like I said I will be there as long as the Army doesn't have me do some bullshit. I plan on being there friday nite pitchin a tent and having a few cold ones. Will I hope Steve doesn't mind

Offline Lil Ugly

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2009, 07:56:52 AM »
As much as I would like to make this one, I'm out. Gotta go to Thunder Beach in PC this weekend. Ya'll have fun.

Thunder Beach is a blast!!  Been there a couple of times over the years, of course none of the stories from that place show me to be all that intelligent so I will leave them for the campfire {hihi}

RotorHead

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »

Thunder Beach is a blast!!  Been there a couple of times over the years, of course none of the stories from that place show me to be all that intelligent so I will leave them for the campfire {hihi}

It is a good time. I grew up in PC so I always have a blast.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2009, 09:32:37 AM »

It is a good time. I grew up in PC so I always have a blast.

You grew up?
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
wow. this is a first. i have saturday off and i didnt even ask for it. looks like i know what i'll be doin!
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM