BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: The Cliffs at Lake Allatoona  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Techrider85

• Visitor
The Cliffs at Lake Allatoona
« on: March 17, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »
When I was in High School we used to go jump off the cliffs on Allatoona. I want to say it was off Red top mtn road but I am probably 100% wrong. I just remember parking in a lot then having to walk a trail for about a mile then thats where the party started. Anybody know how to get back there? I doubt you can still jump though with the water being low and I heard someone got killed there not long ago. Just was thinking about going back and lookin around. Thanks

TJ-xtreme

Re: The Cliffs at Lake Allatoona
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:01:27 PM »
If it's the same place i'm thinking of, it's off of Bells Ferry Rd next to the bridge at the little river marina straight across from the little river bar & grill. I could be wrong though. We always rode over there on our sea-doos and would climb up and jump off. I want to say about 6 or 7 years back a girl dove in and hit her head and drowned.

albert

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:35:17 PM »
I think he is talking about a different cliff.  I don't know how to get to those off of red top.  I have seen people jumping off of them from the lake,  but never been to them on the ground.

I would not jump off any cliff into a lake.  you never know what is floating under the water.  I guy I went to high school died on the ones off of Bells Ferry.  He had jumped many times before and I think he just landed wrong and drowned.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:37:30 PM by albert »

richv30

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »
that cliff if I remember correctly was down a long dirt road that ended and turned into a narrow trail for about 100 yards. if that is the one you are talking about i think i can help you out.

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:28:01 PM »
The one he is thinking of is off of Red top mountain road. Next to the Yacht club. The way to get there driving is, cross Bethany bridge and go through the park. Just after you get out of the park hang a left at the first caution light and drive out that road until you see the closed off road on your right. Park at the gate and walk in. I haven't been out there in 2 years though, I sold my jet ski. I grew up jumping off of them, but the last time I was out that way they had signs up about jumping and I think they were issuing some pretty big fines.
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline Techrider85

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »
Yea I think the post right above is right. I remember a long walk. I guess its not legal now. Oh well. Thanks guys

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM