BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: SPRING CRAWL at River Rock ORV May 1-3  (Read 19854 times)

ranger11

Re: SPRING CRAWL at River Rock ORV May 1-3
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2009, 10:10:53 PM »
First thanks to Mark for being cool and lending me your truck and trailer to get home.  {toast}
Drew thanks for the for offer to take the truck home. {toast}
Here are my pics thanks to my wife. :) Cant wait to see the rest of them. ;D
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/rcoker195/RR09/

My wife and I had a blast this weekend. Although I broke several items. We enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends. Those of you who didnt come you missed a very fun and exciting weekend/day.

I would tell everyone about it but I dont feel like typing that much.

So I will tell you what I broke.

First I bent my tie rod on the hill beside Tie rod hill. This happened within the first 10 min of riding Friday.
Second Came my Pass. axle u-joint on the hill beside the rat hole. This happened Sat. About mid day.
Third was my driveshaft and that happened around midnight Sat. On the same hill beside the rat hole although it was in a different spot from above.
I wish I could say I broke it from horsepower or torque or that it broke when I went through the rat hole but the truth is It had just rained and we thought we would go night riding well them rock get very slippery and I slid off one and landed on the driveshaft ending my riding and the start of recovery and getting my rig home.

Thanks Jimmy for getting me a ujoint in less than a hour.

Thanks Mike(GusaGus) for helping me get the axle fixed and hanging beside me the whole time.

Thanks Mark, Will, Drew, Ryan, Kevin,and David(Ramit)and anybody else that was there for getting me out of the hole/home . I will return the favor. {toast}

And last but not least all of the outstanding members of Georgia Trail Riders and their wives/girlfriends that made my wife's first time out a wonderful experience. Despite sat night. :o

Here are some of my fav. pics.

Front

Back

Sorry I only got one pic of Adam showing us how the zu zu boys role. Very impressive rig.

Will led us to the mud.

After 30 mins here here is why Ryans jeep would not start and how we made it start. Adams Idea that worked.

My u-joint

This was a crazy climb of powerline hill Kevin(Ramits Dad) put on a show

The rat hole was NASTY this was the better half of it I only made it about 15' in and Mike Made it about 25'

Of course with me stacking logs for him ;D

And My driveshaft

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:14:33 PM by Richard »

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »
Driveshaft looks good!!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Mr. Breeze

• Visitor
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2009, 03:42:44 AM »
Did Kevin make it? If he did I am going to have to try it again next time because I'm the jealous type. ;D

I got my mirror back in place and managed to convince my wife of the need for sliders and some fender trimming, so I'll get something in return for leaning on that wall.  ;D 

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2009, 06:32:02 AM »
heres the F'n pics- it's taking me forever- sorroy -- more will be posted of carnage tonight.       http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/drich394/

Offline RamIt

• Visitor
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2009, 07:35:22 AM »
Great pics that was the most fun fourwheeling i have ever had.... And Mr. Breeze that hill was a breeze. (not really i have a lot of scatches and dents... :o)
1997 Dodge Ram single cab sort bed
3 inch lift
Rancho shocks
Grill gaurd
KC baja lights
35 TSL SS
American racing wheels
Redneck CAI

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2009, 10:13:01 AM »
Had a blast this weekend. Loved seeing all the different rigs. Had a very successful day Sat. with the YJ. Got up just about everything out there and only came home with a little body damage. Got lots of pics. will post them as soon as I get a brake.
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2009, 10:19:18 AM »
Here's what I did all weekend   {nln}...

haha, I had a great time! Thanks again for everyone that came out, and for eveyone who let me bum a ride throughout the weekend! It was a good weekend; everyone got their junk home safely, and we had great weather besides the little rain on Saturday night. Mark, that was super cool of you for letting Richard use your trailer. We'll see you guys next time!  :) I'll have my Jeep back so it's gonna be on!   {woohoo}

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline dowork114

• Visitor
  • Romans 8:28
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
Had a blast this weekend. Loved seeing all the different rigs. Had a very successful day Sat. with the YJ. Got up just about everything out there and only came home with a little body damage. Got lots of pics. will post them as soon as I get a brake.
Hey mic thanks again for letting me ride. {toast} Out of the group we rode with i  {salute} you u showd out my friend(skinny pedal and 33's got through everything)
you cant fix stupid

Offline dowork114

• Visitor
  • Romans 8:28
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
Here's what I did all weekend   {nln}...

haha, I had a great time! Thanks again for everyone that came out, and for eveyone who let me bum a ride throughout the weekend! It was a good weekend; everyone got their junk home safely, and we had great weather besides the little rain on Saturday night. Mark, that was super cool of you for letting Richard use your trailer. We'll see you guys next time!  :) I'll have my Jeep back so it's gonna be on!   {woohoo}

it was cool to see one of my old rigs out there ( the green Cherokee beat to crap with the junk club stickers). I miss that thing was a great jeep, looks like it still is.
you cant fix stupid

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2009, 11:30:06 AM »

it was cool to see one of my old rigs out there ( the green Cherokee beat to crap with the junk club stickers). I miss that thing was a great jeep, looks like it still is.

haha, it actually only has one window after this weekend  ;)  The rear driver got taken out coming up Butt Crack.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:56 AM »
Hey mic thanks again for letting me ride. {toast} Out of the group we rode with i  {salute} you u showd out my friend(skinny pedal and 33's got through everything)
anytime man you know there is always an open seat. Had a blast just wish I hadn't started feeling bad towards the end of the day so I could have beat on the heep a little more.
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

isuzufool

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2009, 11:57:31 AM »
I have to thank Ryan and Kay for taking soooooo many awsome pics this weekend!  I mean WOW!!  That was a lot of pics!  Even some good ones of my truck. ;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM