BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Moab Golden Spike Trail  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Moab Golden Spike Trail
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »
I am already planning my trip for next year!!!! Golden spike trail was by far my favorite of them all!! All rocks, no sandy roads. We all will be out next year!! {toast}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »
I am already planning my trip for next year!!!! Golden spike trail was by far my favorite of them all!! All rocks, no sandy roads. We all will be out next year!! {toast}

you got that right.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »
Hey Doug....what kind of brake controller do you have? Did you like it after this trip?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »
Hey Doug....what kind of brake controller do you have? Did you like it after this trip?

I have the same controller in the Tahoe and the GMC, just by chance.  GMC had one in it and I bough the Tahoe unit 5 years ago.  One says draw-tite, and the other says Reese I think.

My next one will be the "need sensing " style, and you should buy nothing else.  It senses the braking situation and applies force accordingly.  On the standard models, like both of mine, you set it, and that's always what you get, light or hard braking.  If you need more, you have to reach down and manually turn up the force.

Here's what you want:

http://www.drawtite.com/dt20185.html

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 07:04:52 PM »
That link looks like a rebranded Tekonsha Prodigy too me: http://www.adventurerv.net/tekonsha-prodigy-trailer-camper-brake-control-p-1432.html I have the Tekonsha Voyager, which is a step down from that, as it doesn't have the digital readout or auto leveling, but is still the accelerametor-based type. I've only used it once, but it was a big improvement over the basic "see a signal across the brake light wire and hit the brakes" I've used in the past. I couldn't seem to get mine set just right when using Mark's trailer - I either couldn't feel the trailer brakes or they were about locking up. I am going to adjust the level setting next time I use it and see if it helps.

Now, if you are a super baller (and I know you are ;) ), you could get a BrakeSmart: http://www.brakesmart.biz/controller.html It actually has a sensor in the MC of your tow rig that talks to the brake controller.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 07:12:15 PM by Jimmy »
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM