BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rice's Creek Offroad Park Pictures and Post Ride Discussion  (Read 23998 times)

mdo817

Rice's Creek Offroad Park Pictures and Post Ride Discussion
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:54:59 AM »
I went up on Friday,(Drew and Kyle running late), got there and was met by Jason the owner, and a few of his friends. They were real cool people. I shot some pictures in the new obstical course that they cut Friday morning. I only made a few climbs before my junk broke again. Hydraulics are really in the not so distance future after I beef up the unibody, which I guess I cracked at D Town. Here is a link to the pictures.

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/mdo817gatrailrider/Racing%20Streak%20Offroad%20Park/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:55:11 AM by Matt »

BigJerm

Re: Racing Streak Offroad Park Pictures and Post Ride Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »
looking good! Sorry I had to miss it but looks cool so far

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »
Very cool park. Tons of trails and potential. To bad I only seen one of them. Lots of hardcore carnage today. I will go ahead and thank, Kyle, Justin, Drew, Daniel, & Alex for assisting in some way or another with getting my jeep back together.

BTW a little trail math for you guys.

4 x KM(2) = Traction

35 + 35 = 1...

Exploded Axle Shaft (pics to come)

Kyle also lost a ring gear & spider gears to the "C"-hole.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

mdo817

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:16:58 PM »
I agree Matt, I think this park is cool and will get better. Kyle blamed me for starting the carnage thing. I hope you got to talk with Jason before you left. Did you do tank trap also or just the rock gulley. Sorry I missed you and Daniel, but that's just the way it goes I guess. Did Kyle go a head and leave or did him and Drew spend the night again?

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 10:25:27 PM »
Looks like a cool place. Sounds like its pretty tough with all the carnage. Drew, that XJ still has a straight hood and some glass. Get on it! lol
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 08:52:43 AM »
Sorry about the carnage guys.  One mod leads to another.....  and on and on.

Mark, we had a trail leader that broke a trac bar mount he had patched and patched, so do a serious repair on that rig and get that hydro assist.  I would go with the redneck for sure, and they will modify your existing box.  Cheapest and has a great reputation.  Met those guys in Moab at the show.  VERY helpful.
http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.com/index.html

Matt, sorry to hear about the axle.  Going to upgrade?

Kyle, oh no!  Not again!   :'(

I just see dirt, mud, and logs in the pics.  No rocks?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:57:53 AM by Doug »

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »
Oh Douglas there are rocks here. I think most of marks photos are of the very challenging obstacle course. They say it would take 8-10 hours to ride all the trails straight throuh here. There are some serious climbs  over here. One we looked down at the beginning of the day is going to be very hard. There are plenty of rocks, and really a series of ditch, gullies, etc. Almost reminds me of River Rock out of all the places we ride (terrain wise). This will be a great park and I will for sure be back (with some upgrads  ;D).

Here is a link to the pics I took.
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w196/gatrailriders/SEASON%203%202009/Racing%20Streak%20Offroad%20April%2017-20th/
Not many.

I also left out were daniel lost a bead. That was almost a youtube video in the making (involving, break cleaner, fire, high lift, ratchet strap and some coca cola  :o). He had some serious body damages from this same hole as well.

This is the stupid hole that most everyone had a bad day in.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline RamIt

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 10:41:07 AM »
How did you get home with an expoded axle shaft
1997 Dodge Ram single cab sort bed
3 inch lift
Rancho shocks
Grill gaurd
KC baja lights
35 TSL SS
American racing wheels
Redneck CAI

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »
Fixed at the top of that hill. If your dumb enough to wheel 35s on a D35, you better be smart enough to keep spare shafts in the back of you white 99 TJ ;D. However I was not smart enough to keep a couple quarts of gear lube, and some RTV in the back. Thanks to drew for the rtv & lube, and thanks to kyles tool box, we had everything needed to get spare shaft in the TJ. My D35 carrier  has now seen better days. When kyle returns, he has some pics of the shaft and the repair. Not a clean snap at all there was tons of shards in the carrier from where this axle came apart.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »
Yeah, it sucks y'all didn't see much but there is a lot of rocks at this place.  I had fun even though we fixed rigs all day saturday.

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 01:44:08 PM »
so it turns out that when my exhaust got pushed into my shock it must have busted the valve body or something because every time the right rear hits a bump in the road the jeep bucks and bounces really bad. it sucks. ($25 fix or so but its still annoying till i get it fixed)

as far as the d-30 goes im just gonna buy another one. if anyone has a lead on a d-30 with 3.73 gears please let me know!

all in all i had fun and i agree that this park, given a little more time, will be awesome. thanks for all the help from alex (and the air tools), drew, matt and justin in gettin my junk back on the road. alex and i timed it and we only took 45 minutes to completely strip the inards out of my d-30 and have it back on the wheels...haha. (we've had some practice)
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

mdo817

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »
Sorry about the carnage guys.  One mod leads to another.....  and on and on.

Mark, we had a trail leader that broke a trac bar mount he had patched and patched, so do a serious repair on that rig and get that hydro assist.  I would go with the redneck for sure, and they will modify your existing box.  Cheapest and has a great reputation.  Met those guys in Moab at the show.  VERY helpful.
http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.com/index.html

Matt, sorry to hear about the axle.  Going to upgrade?

Kyle, oh no!  Not again!   :'(

I just see dirt, mud, and logs in the pics.  No rocks?
No hydro assist, I'm going to go full hydro. I don't need anymore stress on the front section of the unibody than the bumper, which acts as a cross member for my springs. Will start ordering parts more than likely this week. Thanks Alex for the info. I think I might have fractured my frame exactly where yalls carnage came from, when I drove of in there it felt like I just about stood the Jeep on it's nose, so I bumped the skinny when I got to the bottom. This place does have rock and will challenge any vehicle built.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM