BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rice's Creek Offroad Park Pictures and Post Ride Discussion  (Read 24121 times)

Offline Drew

• Visitor
  • SPEAKA ENGRISH!!!
Re: Racing Streak Offroad Park Pictures and Post Ride Discussion
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »
I'm afraid to check Jenna for cracks, who knows what I may find and whats been in them.
2000 Cherokee - "Jenna II"

GANTR Member #1

mdo817

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »
I'm afraid to check Jenna for cracks, who knows what I may find and whats been in them.
That's funny, but do inspect the steering area very good.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 02:49:10 PM »
Dangit Kyle. Sorry to hear that. Was there a lot of skinny pedal involved?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »
Hey Kyle, if you could wait a couple of months without wheeling, I will be re-gearing this summer after I'm done with the tranny. You could get my front end with 3.73s and I could use yours for my regear. I still have the spiders for it too.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
Looks like his carrier bearing was probably the culprit in both times. It was not even pressed on. You could slide it on and off with your hand.  :o
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »
Very cool pics.

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
Sounds like you all had a blast minus the breakage, but as Doug says, that's part of the game!!!! I wish I could have been there to break something ;D
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Daniel

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 09:50:15 PM »
I think I might have fractured my frame exactly where yalls carnage came from, when I drove of in there it felt like I just about stood the Jeep on it's nose, so I bumped the skinny when I got to the bottom. This place does have rock and will challenge any vehicle built.

That had to be that place.  When I drove off down in there I was going to try and cut over to the right side that Kyle was trying to climb, but but front got down in the bottom and was all over the rocks, and my rear was still halfway up the hill.  Then I started to lose my air pressure and was running the risk of losing the bead, so I tried to back up the hill and kept getting stuck on the steps and ended up almost breaking Matt's arms and putting another beauty scar on my doors.  But my bumper ate most of the damage.  Those rocks are merciless.  But, all the more reason to make some sliders and a bumper.  When can we start Matt?  ;D

HotDog

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 10:41:34 PM »
Got there early am sunday.  Spoke to the owner Jason and he advised me that everyone broke on the rock garden.  So, we put that off for another day(in fear of breaking) and hit some of the muddier trails.  The place was awesome and HUGE.  It had tons of fun things to play on and we had a blast.  Here are some pics and videos.  One is of some mud diving.   

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/xedge17/Racing%20Streak%20ORV%20Park%204-19-09/?albumview=slideshow

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i18.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/xedge17/Racing%20Streak%20ORV%20Park%204-19-09/Lpit.flv">

Sorry I missed you guys.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:17:45 PM by HotDog »

Offline Brad

• Visitor
  • JACK IT UP!
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 07:15:26 AM »
wheres this park y'all?
2000 dodge durango mall crawler

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 08:08:27 AM »
Looks like his carrier bearing was probably the culprit in both times. It was not even pressed on. You could slide it on and off with your hand.  :o

Wow.  Sounds like it didn't need to be pressed on.   :o :o :o    Sounds like a nice slip fit. 

Sounds like the wrong bearing id or the shaft was worn down from a previous spinning bearing.  Easy fix with a bearing retaining compound (Loctite).  Good to use any time you're setting a bearing. 

Daniel

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 09:11:46 AM »
The only negative thing I can say about this park other than that douchebag hole, was the dirtbikes and ATVs.  These morons would drive 30 mph through "camp" because apparently it was the only straightaway there.  Then they'd turn around and fly through again... and again... and again... and again.  That was the only plus side to D-Town, all the dirtbike/ATV stuff was separated from the ORV trails.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM