BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Took the Sami out the other day...  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Copasetic

• Visitor
    • WheelinDixie
Took the Sami out the other day...
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:33:39 PM »
(*MODS* I didn't realize till after I posted where I put this. Please move to appropriate area. Sorry!)

Loaded up the Sami and went down to the hunting club the other day. We've got about 400 acres that the club leases and normally it's real muddy and the roads stay tore up. Hence the reason I built the K5 because it used to be, more often than not, you had to have something like that to get back to the club. My Dad was supposed to go with me but decided he'd stay home and cut grass instead.  But I digress.

The Sami did really well and I drove (creeped) around for a good 2 hours non-stop. It never missed or cut off the first time. Ran cool even while going slow through the tall grass and I flexed it out pretty good. I don't think I'm going to do the virtual lift on the back because it was maxed out in the back with the 36's on it and it never hit anything.

I went to load it up on the trailer and that's when the starter finally decided to crap out on me. So that means if I can't get one cheap, new exhaust is going to have to wait.

Hopefully the bugs are worked out now and now I can start concentrating on the details. I know for a fact before I even think of putting it on the road new drive shafts are on the list. I got it to 40 mph and thought I was going to sling the rear one out it was shaking so bad. I didn't even want to get it past 20 mph with it in 4wd because the front shaft is that much worse. She's getting there and it's already so much more than what it was before I tore it down.

I went to go put a new starter on it Friday then discovered one of my high dollar Petroworks motor mounts had broke at the welds. I contected PW and they shipped me out a new set immediately.

Great customer service and I would not hesititate to buy from them again. Just aggravating to have to change them out. Hopefully my starter is just binding from that and it isn't bad. We'll see.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:35:25 PM by Copasetic »
*Charlie*
2004 Silverado - Crew Cab 4x4, 315's on H2's, 6" lift, custom ECM tune, dual Flows
1990 K5 - 44's, tons, and some more crap
1987 Sammi - 16v, 3spd a/t, H1's, 36's, lincoln locked 4.88's, hydro assist, doubler, YJ's and Yota axles

ranger11

Re: Took the Sami out the other day...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 08:36:51 PM »
Lookin good.  {toast}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM