OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Trail Rides & Open Events (Everyone's invited)

Mt Aetna information

(1/4) > >>

trhoppe:
We wanted to go camping/wheeling in the Chattanooga area. I've read about people heading out the Mt Aetna, but haven't seen any "official" information about it. Is it a normal ORV or is it something like Lucas Rd in Cartersville where its just someone's property you can go on if you want.

Don't want to make the drive out there just to come to a closed gate and a no trespassing sign  :)

Anyone with recent experience there?

Lhub36:
Been wanting to go myself since it is only 45 min away. Think I'll take a ride up there this weekend and check things out.

HeeptoJeep09:
Its not much of a camping place but there is camping rigt down the road. Its the Lookout mountain exit on 24. Go past the Cracker Barrel and take your first right and first left. Go to the top of the subdivision and turn left. Follow the dirt road up to the right and youre there.

Its not an official ORV park. Its a access road for land owners and TVA. They dont mind us up there at all but the guy thats building the subdivision does. Dont pay any attention to the signs up. Just stay between the poles and on the hard packed dirt road up to where it gets narrow then youre there. Theres normally a security guard at the top of the paved road telling you where to go. Follow his directions and youll be fine. They put the signs and him there to scare away people. There's rumors of closing it down but they cant. Not anytime soon anyways.

Holler if you go Im about 30 mins South of there and  its a great place...let me know if you need anymore info.

Matt:
Thanks for the information.  {toast}

Lhub36:
You can go I-24 west to exit 174 or keep going to exit 169 (Wildwood. This is googles directions). A friend of mine went up there a couple of weeks ago and told me the "rough" side is open but the "soft" side was sold & they wont let anyone on that side. Stay on the rough side or the power lines and there'll be no problem. I'm riding up there in the morning to check things out. Will post my findings tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version