BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Mt Aetna information  (Read 3086 times)

Offline HeeptoJeep09

• Visitor
Re: Mt Aetna information
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 01:28:02 AM »
They won't close it either way. People own land up top and that's the only access road to it. That guy can buy up all the land he wants to but he won't get that section.

The lease is well worth the money. They have a safe well maintained area you can park and leave whatever open and unlocked and you can camp. Heck all lot of the guys park their campers there for the summer and ride about every weekend. The lease runs from April to April and there's access to all the othe trails as well as some freakin awesome ones only on the lease.

But I think well have our public entrance for a while longer.

98 XJ-
4.0l auto
231 w/ AA SYE
7"RE/Rustys/Custom LA lift
35" Toyos on Moabs
Lock Right-front Auburn-rear
4:10s
Chili Pepper Red

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 09:09:30 AM »
Went up this afternoon. Hope the trails don't go away as they were awesome! We got super dirty from all the mud and it was a good time. Miles of dirt/mud with a couple of challenging sections but roundabouts to bail onto if necessary.

Sounds like June 8th hearin might be the end though :-(

We're going back on June 6th for another trip if anyone else is interested.

-Tom   
Be more then happy to ride with ya on the 6th. May go myself today. Anyone wanna go just holler (706) 936-7714.
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 09:11:31 AM »
The developer is not trying to buy the land. He is trying to get the access easment closed so these rich muckety mucks wont get red mud on their precious BMW's.
Lenn

Offline trhoppe

• Visitor
    • tomhoppe.com
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »
Lhub36, I'll give you a call then. We're definitely planning on coming up, unless its raining buckets or something. We'll wheel, the hit up Big River brewing, and might crash in town and head out to bars that night rather then coming back :)

As far as this leased area
- How do you get to it?
- How do you buy a lease?
- Any maps/info on the trails or that area?

We'd be totally cool with buying a lease and supporting the area, as the 4 wheeling was awesome, and only 1.5 hours from our house.

-Tom

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »
I dont have any info on the lease. Maybe we can ask some of the other people wheeling up there. Thats how I found out about lease part. It does sound like a real good deal. I know how to get to it, thats all. Maybe Heeptojeep knows?
Lenn

Offline HeeptoJeep09

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 02:29:43 AM »
Theres a guy in charge. I can prolly get it for yall if youre wanting on. Theres a lot of ppl who pay it and wheel every weekend up there.

Thats the best long term deal for Aetna IMO. Sure its easy to get off the interstate and wheel a few hours then go home but Aetna's HUGE! It could easily be a weekend long place.
If you know where to go theres a good mix of stuff too.

98 XJ-
4.0l auto
231 w/ AA SYE
7"RE/Rustys/Custom LA lift
35" Toyos on Moabs
Lock Right-front Auburn-rear
4:10s
Chili Pepper Red

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 09:01:37 AM »
I have been on the lease for 3 years. No real map of the trails just the camping posts and trails leading into the lease.

Here is your info you asked for,
http://werockaetna.com.p2.hostingprod.com/home
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM