BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Soon you will be able to easily run from deputies in Macon....  (Read 935 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: Soon you will be able to easily run from deputies in Macon....
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 06:57:30 PM »
Those Chargers... they're bad news.  Ask Matt.  The Branch has a mixed fleet of Crown Vics, Impalas, a Charger and probably some other vehicles.  And the guy driving around in the Charger is the biggest prick cop in the department.  If any of them are gonna pull you over it'll be that guy.  He ended up shooting some guys a while back runnin' from a robbery.  Good ol' Supercop.

The unmarked black Chargers in Butts County are scary lookin too!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 07:01:36 PM »
I've got a 4 cylinder FWD that you're welcome to try and outrun...

I was gonna say "ok" then post up a Mustang, but I don't have anything anymore that even thinks about being fast. The one I have left has 1 Fredflinstonepower. I can upgrade to 2 FFP by cutting another hole in the floor though, lol. One of my old cars currently runs 10s and another runs 12s spinning DRs though. Does that count? lol. Fastest passes I made in em were mid/high 13's one and an 18.7 in the other.
- Jimmy

Offline stewedpickles

• Visitor
  • Swan II
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
Since I don't fit the coveted profile, I don't worry too much about the cops in Macon.
Jeff
'75ish K10

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »
Since I don't fit the coveted profile, I don't worry too much about the cops in Macon.

Classic.
- Jimmy

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 09:07:03 AM »
I'll be more than happy to run that 4 banger. I have an 03 Accord with a V6 V-tec SHO. I call it a 'stang eater!
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline b1pig

• Visitor
    • b1pig's Web Page
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 01:21:14 AM »
I've got a 4 cylinder FWD that you're welcome to try and outrun...

you pick the time...

i pick the track. ;) :p

from my perspective....
the crown vic is probably one of ford's better efforts. primarily because there is a huge market for a fleet/taxi/police vehicle. when chevy backed out of the sedan market, it continued to produce the tahoe ppv (police pursuit vehicle). the lumina was never pursuit rated and was a horrible car. i drove one in the army at Ft McPherson and Ft Gillem. horrible horrible cars.

when i got to valdosta, i drove a 89 Ford LTD. decent car when it ran right... and it was a tank. a tank that could jump with the best of em. :)
since then, i have had 3 other crown vics and currently i'm assigned a 2008 Ford Expedition. it is technicaly a "support vehicle", however supervisors were issued the trucks due to the equipment we were intended to carry and to get us in line with all aspects of the ICS/NIMS stuff. problem is, the city approved the vehicles, then cut all the equipment to equip them. bunch of dumbasses.

so, now i ride around in a gigantor 2wd 300hp 5.4 gas sucking deamon with no balls below 40mph. the fun starts at about 45, but the fun is over at 105. worse that that, this top-heavy rig is actually more confidence inspiring in highspeed sweepers than my last CVPI was. -wow-
besides... i do get to go "offroad" once in a while. :D

rewind to 1998.
valdosta bought 18 crown vics and 12 ford taurus. the taurus was for our investigators. they lasted (on average) 3 years. the chief then went back to the city council and confirmed that we saved money in the purhcase, the amount they cost in repairs and how long they lasted proved that they werent worth a flip. since then all they got was CVPIs.

when we were looking at SUVs, i begged them (practicaly) to consider the Tahoe PPV. they refused. our chief is a ford guy. (but his wife drives a suburban) my wife's '04 tahoe with mucho miles will eat that expeditions lunch. and supper.

lowndes county runs a mix... CVPI and Charger for patrol duties... and Tahoe PPVs for k-9 and a couple of investigators. they are rotating our some older Durangos they ran with the 5.7 hemi in em. they said the durnago was slow, but they always outran my car. the chargers are quick. real quick. the thing with Lowndes... they dont always leave the cars alone. the ICE team uses upgraded brakes, jet chips and aftermarket exhausts. they are scarey fast and they are pretty forgiving.

honestly.
i think Bibb will find that the Fusion would be a good car for transport duties, admin or mayby investigators. it will not make it as a patrol car. it sits way too low. load that measly little v-6 down with all the crap we carry... and it will likely get outrun by a stock Civic.
'07 Unlimited Rubicon.. aaaalllll black, baby!
'98 ZJ converted to 4wd w/5.5"& 33s, '90 Geo Tracker 5" susp/b.l. & 30's
"People Eating Tasty Animals" -bumper sticker on a Chevy
ZJ 2wd->4wd Conversion,CJ5(the one we sold),MY MSN PAGE,Death Wobble

Offline b1pig

• Visitor
    • b1pig's Web Page
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 01:36:53 AM »
..and if my first post wasnt long enough...   ;D

another thought came to mind. before the charger hit the market, LCSO bought a bunch of Intrepids. they wrecked a bunch of em becuase the deputies tried to drive them like rear drive cars. mostly... in the rain if you can believe it.

this is the funny part. the 3.5l v-6 Intrepid would outrun a crown vic any day.

here's another point that not many will admit to.
in 1998 ford redesigned the Crown Vic. it was a HORRIBLE car. i had one. the '89 LTD i had would out run it while it was misfiring and skipping. seriously. my field training officer was driving an old 1983 LTD II... one of the little cars. it had a 5.0 H.O. engine in it... and it was a blast to drive. it was quick. the last time she drove it, she told me to keep up in her brand new 98. i got dusted.

they got better in 99... mediocre in 2000... little better in 2001... 02, and 03 were crap. '04 got better... 05 got even better than that. i am told that the '06 and '07 crown vic is a good car, but i've been in the Expo since summer of '08. all i know is i am always the last person there, and i drive the PISS outta that hog.

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 12:30:37 AM »
That boy's long winded I tell you what.

I say just buy Jeeps and be done with it.

Just out of curiosity for anyone that knows anything about law enforcement.  We've got four GSP in our county, and lately I've been noticing two public transportation safety guys or something another.  do they have any authority over general public? or are they only concerned about the truckers that go through our county?  they drive the ugliest car. i'll try to get a picture sometime.

one of the GSP went from the crown victoria to the charger.  one is still crown vic.  the other two drive silver chargers. one has "ghosted" in GSP on it, the other is silver with a bright orange lettering
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline Brad

• Visitor
  • JACK IT UP!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 01:21:27 AM »
i saw all 3 of the GSP after we fixed my truck...i think they're only concerned about the truckers cause i saw one get pulled over
2000 dodge durango mall crawler

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 02:11:08 AM »
Naw, the Department of Transportation(i'm pretty sure what the cars said) are different than the GSP guys.
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline b1pig

• Visitor
    • b1pig's Web Page
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »
Department of Public Safety....  Deisel Bears. ;)

normally, they really dont bother with general law enforcement, but according to what I've been told... they are State Peace Officers. They "could" detain and turn over to local law or GSP.

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 09:28:11 PM »
Naw, the Department of Transportation(i'm pretty sure what the cars said) are different than the GSP guys.
Those are "care bears". They are mostly after the loggin trucks in and around the northern area. They love pulling them over after a good rain cause they know those trucks are overweight with the logs taking on water. Normally they wont bother cars and such, unless you're being stupid.
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM