BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: f/s- 1984 Honda Interceptor 750  (Read 1564 times)

Offline b1pig

• Visitor
    • b1pig's Web Page
f/s- 1984 Honda Interceptor 750
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:56:29 PM »
I have an original 1984 Honda Interceptor 750. This is a first generation model for the V-45 models. The v-4 engine was used on the Interceptor, Magna and Sabre models. I am the second owner of this bike and it has 8,600 original miles on it. I have put about 400 on it in the last few months. I bought it in a horribly neglected state, barely running. I brought it home, replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders, plugged the rotted front brake master cylinder fluid level window, replaced the front tire, the full set of carbs, bled the brakes out, ran through 2 oil changes (with a 3rd pending) and put new foam grips on it. The rear tire needs replacement, there is a small oil leak at the shifter shaft (never a drop on my garage floor) and it probably needs a valve adjustment.

In the roughly 400 miles I've put on the bike, they have all been local riding the back roads of Lowndes, Berrien and Lanier Counties. It handles well on all surfaces and has hauled both my wife and I with no trouble at all. When you ride aggressively, the clutch slips a little around 3,000 rpm, but it hooks up and goes. The clutch has actually gotten better over the miles and oil changes, so it may continue to improve. Otherwise a new set of clutch plates runs about $85. the exhaust is solid. no rot and no leaks. it has been garage kept for at least the last 4 years, i know of. seat is in great shape.

If you want to talk about the bike or see it up close, email me,
b1pig@hotmail.com

I'm asking $1500 or best offer.

further info:
http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VF750F
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:13:47 PM by b1pig »
'07 Unlimited Rubicon.. aaaalllll black, baby!
'98 ZJ converted to 4wd w/5.5"& 33s, '90 Geo Tracker 5" susp/b.l. & 30's
"People Eating Tasty Animals" -bumper sticker on a Chevy
ZJ 2wd->4wd Conversion,CJ5(the one we sold),MY MSN PAGE,Death Wobble

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM